Managing Director - Budget Coordination
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$85,000 - $136,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Responsible for the development, implementation, and day-to-day administration of operating budgets across all School and/or administrative workgroups within Dallas College. The Managing Director, Budget Coordination initiates annual budget planning with participation of executive officers and administrative unit managers. With support staff, the Managing Director maintains approved budgeted amounts in the budget system and performs necessary financial analysis, trends, and variance analysis between budgets and actual revenues and expenses.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the demonstrated ability to collect, analyze and interpret varied information and data, both in statistical and narrative form.
• Extensive knowledge of budgeting, planning and financial analysis.
• Demonstrated knowledge of computerized accounting systems, spreadsheets, and data analysis.
• Ability to collaborate, build and maintain effective working relationships with diverse, multicultural stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network.
• Excellent oral and/or written communication skills. Ability to speak persuasively to others.
• Knowledge of financial planning and budget management principles, policies, laws, and regulations, as applied to institutions of higher education.
• Excellent organizational skills, project management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multitask in a constantly changing environment.
• Ability to provide excellent customer services
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting. Official transcripts will be required.
• Five (5) years of progressively comprehensive experience developing budget processes in a large, complex environment (preferably, higher education).
• Current and valid Texas driver's license for offsite travel.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as a resource to administrators, faculty, and staff on budget matters. Explains and educates managers on budget policies, compliance regulations and Dallas College procedures for budget compliance.
• Ensures consistent application of budget decisions and ensure budget policy, procedures and methods are understandable, published and communicated.
• Collaborate with leadership to prepare preliminary and final annual operating budget of the assigned School and/or administrative workgroup.
• Calculates operating costs including personnel expenses consistent with salary re-grades, performance increases if applicable, approved faculty salary and fringe benefit rates.
• Monitor and reconcile the operating budget and reallocate resources as required.
• Make appropriate revisions to budget as requested by operational managers, based on analysis of requests.
• Maintain budgets in the accounting system and/or budget module for Dallas College.
• Prepare revenue projections for submission to College leadership for School and/or administrative workgroups day as required.
• Coordinate, prepare and submit schedules to support requests of capital expenditures for projects and/or equipment.
• Coordinate, prepare and submit schedules required for annual budget book for Board approval.
• Prepare performance metrics and ad-hoc financial analysis, as necessary.
• Complete required Dallas College professional development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other job duties as required.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com