Director- Opportunity Pipeline
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$83,000 yr - $132,800 yr (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Under general supervision of the Senior Director of the Employment Resource Center (ERC), the Opportunity Pipeline Director is responsible for working with district staff, campus staff, corporate partners, and community-based organizations to support work-based learning opportunities and industry partnerships; and develop a strategy around work-based learning opportunities for the Dual Credit/ECHS pipeline. Work-based learning opportunities may include career mentoring, company tours, on-the-job training, paid and non-paid internships, and apprenticeships.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College.
· Experience leading or managing major change initiatives including knowledge and skill in process improvement, project planning, conflict resolution, team building, customer service, and data-based decision-making concepts.
· Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition.
· Able to build and maintain relationships with diverse, multicultural businesses and community partners and facilitate their engagement to support the program of study and pathway development.
· Ability to work with businesses and community-based organizations to create, promote and maintain partnerships that help to support opportunities for students to engage in career-related learning.
· Ability to assist corporate and community partners with program development; act as primary contact for partners and help to connect students to opportunities.
· Ability to interact effectively in the community and at multiple levels within organizations, especially organizations serving culturally and economically diverse communities.
· Solid communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persuasive.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service.
· Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required. Official transcripts required.
· Three (3) years of progressive responsibility in administrative and/or educational leadership roles.
· Three (3) years of experience in economic development-related roles.
· Three (3) years of experience working with CRM systems to guide economic development and workforce initiatives and decisions.
· Current and valid Texas driver’s license for offsite travel.
· Demonstrated successful experience developing strategic partnerships to support economic growth through employer engagement, data analysis and application.
· Demonstrated understanding and commitment to working across the community to create economic opportunities and living-wage jobs for underserved/marginalized populations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the centralization of work-based learning opportunities consisting of acquiring academic, technical, and employability skill through interactions in real work environments, i.e., including activities and experiences that involve practical, hands-on opportunities that link the classroom and the workplace. Work-based learning provides students an avenue to discover strengths and interests within career fields.
· Foster and sustain business and community relationships (attend partnership council meetings and other networking meetings to identify and secure business and community support).
· Help develop, train, and implement Pathway Advisory Boards for each School.
· Coordinate and collaborate with School teams to develop agendas and Pathway Advisory Board meetings during the development process of new/restructuring advisory boards.
· Help the Schools and Pathway Advisory Boards identify industry competencies and help to build learning opportunities to advance mastery of these competencies within the School's program of study and work-based learning plans.
· Help to ensure phenomenal volunteer experiences in partnership with Volunteer Engagement, ensuring proper screening (of opportunities and volunteers) as well as tracking of hours and in-kind investments.
· Work closely with school leadership teams to develop work-based learning plans, and support implementation of activities in alignment with the program of study that helps to support awareness, exposure, preparation, and training.
· Facilitate job shadowing, student internships, guest speakers, field trips and other experiential learning opportunities outside of the classroom.
· Document all services and activities in Salesforce in order to standardize the collection and analysis of data for reporting and performance requirements.
· Guide Pathway Advisory Boards to develop goals in alignment with the School’s of and Dallas College, including how they will support work-based learning plans.
· Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
· Performs other duties as required.
Reports to: Sr. Director, Employment Resource Center
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com