Prairie View A&M UniversityAdjunct Instructor (Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Leadership)Job Title
Adjunct Instructor (Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Leadership)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Management & MarketingProposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
This part-time non-tenure track position within the will teach up to two courses for the 2021 - 2022 academic year.Responsibilities:
Required Education & Experience:
- Teach up to two courses per semester.
- Keep records, post grades (mid-term & final), submit attendance reporting, and mentor students.
- Post and maintain office hours.
- Other duties as assigned by department head.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate degree in Entrepreneurship or Business.
- One year teaching experience at a college or university level in entrepreneurship or leadership or related area.
- Work experience as an entrepreneur or small business managerial experience highly desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use virtual technology and related software to support online teaching.
Job Post Closing Date:Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Doctorate degree in Entrepreneurship or Business.
- Candidates that are ABD with significant progress towards their dissertation will also be considered.
Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Technical competence in appropriate subject matter and the ability to apply this knowledge to the solution of problems.
- Understanding of the learning and development processes of youth and adults.
- Knowledge of a variety of teaching methods to provide effective learning experiences.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Adjunct-Instructor--Innovation--Entrepreneurship---Leadership-_R-039044About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com