Director, Business Engagement
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$83,000 yr - $132,800 yr (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Dallas College is seeking an experienced, highly collaborative leader with a proven track record of relationship management in workforce, higher education, and/ or economic development. The Director, Business Engagement will report to the Sr. Director, CRM and Relationship Management and will be expected to:
1. Utilize and enhance a college-wide relationship management system to build relationships with employers and promote the partnership opportunities with Academics, Student Success, Workforce, Advancement, and Operations functions
2. Execute a data-driven business engagement strategy that results in the creation of mutually beneficial economic opportunities between businesses, and students, Dallas College, and/or the local community.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College
· Experience leading or managing major change initiatives including knowledge and skill in process improvement, project planning, conflict resolution, team building, customer service, and data-based decision-making concepts
· Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition
· Experience working with CRM systems such as Salesforce and analytics to help guide decisions for business engagement
· Experience with economic development planning and initiatives focused on matching employers with skilled workers
· Knowledge of college programs and offerings
· Knowledge of the Dallas economy, including employer and workforce needs and challenges
· Ability to analyze multi-layered problems and propose solutions
· Knowledge of best practices/trends in employer outreach
· Demonstrated knowledge of principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity
· Knowledge of compliance with pertinent state and federal laws and regulations
· Knowledge of current research and policy recommendations as well as state and national initiatives related to improving economic mobility and opportunity for underserved populations
· Experience in strategic planning, assessment of program(s) effectiveness, and development of strategy to improve business engagement
· Employ data-informed decision making
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Equivalency is 1) Associates degree, plus 7 years of experience, or 2) 10 years of work experience). Official transcripts required.
· Three (3) years of experience working with CRM systems to guide employer outreach initiatives and decisions.
· Current and valid Texas driver’s license required.
· Demonstrated successful experience developing strategic partnerships to support economic growth through business engagement, data analysis and application.
· Demonstrated understanding and commitment to working across the community to create economic opportunities and living-wage jobs for underserved/marginalized populations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Implement a comprehensive business engagement strategy for Dallas College.
· Develop and expand partnerships with businesses, industry associations and Chambers of Commerce to discover areas for additional engagement by other verticals at Dallas College.
· Utilize Salesforce and maintain data integrity of the CRM and discover opportunities for additional business engagement.
· Utilizes excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills when interacting with diverse internal/external stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network.
· Knowledge and experience in providing effective and professional customer service.
· Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Sr. Director CRM & Relationship Management
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com