Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Performs a variety of complex accounting tasks which involve preparing or supervising the preparation of financial analysis, budget management, general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, statements, records, documents, and reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and procedures affecting the maintenance of accounting records and of automated accounting systems.
• Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting and practices.
• Knowledge of district policies/procedures and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
• Ability to implement solutions for improvements that align with the day‐to‐day business needs.
• Able to establish and maintain working relationships with a diverse, multicultural district‐wide network and external constituents to ensure financial records are accurate and deadlines are met.
• Must be detailed oriented with a high degree of accuracy when analyzing and interpreting accounting and financial data; preparing financial reports and statements; and detecting discrepancies in financial and accounting records.
• Ability to prepare financial reports and/or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability or other financial activities within the district.
• Ability to produce analysis and reports utilizing standard Microsoft spreadsheet and communication software.
• Able to follow process steps as outlined in standard operating procedures.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills and provide excellent customer service to a diverse district population.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher plus three (3) years of accounting experience. Official transcripts required. Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel. ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.*****
Preferred Skills: Experience with contract and grant compliance, reporting, budget preparation and control. Contract writing experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performs reconciliations and analyses of assigned general ledger accounts and/or location budget allocations.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com