HR Business Partner-Organizational Development
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$65,000 - $104,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) – Workforce Planning will support the organization's Succession Planning and Workforce Management strategies and processes to ensure that related initiatives are aligned to deliver outcomes against the organization's defined strategic goals. The HRBP serves as a strategic partner to key leaders, providing insight on opportunities to leverage people to meet organizational objectives. This role will also be instrumental in facilitating an employee-oriented, high performing, diverse, and inclusive workplace culture.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Must be a proactive communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions. Demonstrated experience and passion for innovation, continuous improvement, and leading cultural change across the workplace.
• Demonstrates strategic thinking, leadership capabilities, including people development, objective setting, and measurement skills. Ability to act with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment where simultaneously handling multiple tasks is the expected norm, driving multiple projects to successful completion.
• Ability to collaborate and interact with diverse, multicultural stakeholders and constituents internal/external to Dallas College community network.
• Proven ability to inspire, coach, and develop effective relationships with multicultural stakeholders and constituents across the organization. Ability to persuade, convince, influence, and gain the buy-in of others. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information. Able to maintain a high degree of professionalism, integrity and discretion are essential.
• Demonstrated track record of success in creative problem-solving with the ability to think through problems, organize information, and identify critical factors and underlying causes to generate solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills and a proven track record of success in working with cross-functional teams. Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills, and a high degree of comfort explaining complex ideas to all audiences. Must have excellent customer service skills.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, strong preference for a major in human resources, business administration, or related focus. Master's degree preferred. Official transcripts are required.
• Four (4) years of related work experience.
• Understands the principles of assessment, program design, delivery, and metrics development in large complex organizations.
• Analytical adeptness with the ability to draw insights from data coupled with a strong business acumen approach to strategies and solutions.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
• Professional HR certification is preferred (e.g., SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, or SHRM-CP).
• Must have valid driver's license if traveling to off-site locations.
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Serves as a strategic partner, providing coaching to leaders and expert insight into people-management topics. Develops and implements organizational capability initiatives and workforce strategies for assigned school/department/business unit. Leads talent review(s), and in partnership with other HR units, develops talent acquisition strategies that align to division/business unit needs.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com