Adjunct Faculty Title Welding Instructor Department Manufacturing Management Job Type Adjunct Faculty Employee Type Part Time Academic Year Fall Course(s) All Welding Courses Anticipated Schedule This is a part-time, adjunct faculty position. Schedule is typically Monday / Wednesday or Tuesday / Thursday evenings. Location Main Campus Pay Rate Information
per adjunct contract
Position Start Date 08/02/2021 Position End Date Position Introduction
MCC instructors are higher education professionals who champion student learning. They engage and inspire students, applying innovative teaching and learning pedagogies to reach a variety of learners. They assess student learning to ensure student success, staying abreast of current and emerging trends in the discipline.
MCC instructors are higher education professionals who champion student learning. They engage and inspire students, applying innovative teaching and learning pedagogies to reach a variety of learners. They assess student learning to ensure student success, staying abreast of current and emerging trends in the discipline. Our instructors collaborate within the College as discipline experts, helping the College to reach its strategic goals through active participation in college committees and by promoting the College to future students throughout our community.
McHenry County College is committed to career and technical education and has recently announced plans to construct the Foglia Center for Advanced Technology and Innovation which will include a state-of-the-art Welding and manufacturing labs. The successful candidate will be the leader of our welding program and is proficient in stick, MIG and TIG welding.
· Demonstrate content expertise and currency within their academic field.
· Develop and maintain an increasingly diverse and effective pedagogical skill set that reflects our philosophy as established in our mission: Our focus is learning. Student success is our goal.
· Possess both the willingness and the ability to share expertise with students, colleagues, and the broader college community in a manner that is engaging and effective
· Engage in continued professional growth, scholarly engagement, and/or creative development.
· Demonstrate both the willingness and the ability to embrace technology within the college environment.
· Develop and maintain a solid commitment to college service and community engagement.
· Engage in professional behavior and participate actively in teamwork while respecting the diversity of values, opinions, and backgrounds both inside and outside the classroom environment.
· Cultivate student engagement through facilitation of and/or participation in extracurricular activities.
· Bachelor's degree in a technology related area and one-year work experience in welding or an Associate of Applied Science in Welding and four-year's work experience in welding.
Other Required Qualifications
· Demonstrated experience in technology enhanced instruction.
· Demonstrated commitment to professional growth.
· Commitment to the mission of the community college and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
· Commitment to working with beginning students.
Applications accepted until the position is filled? No If No, Application Deadline Date Special Instructions to Applicants
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com