Adjunct Faculty Title Upward Bound, 2021 Summer Program Instructor Department Upward Bound Job Type Contingent/Seasonal/Temporary Employee Type Part Time Academic Year Summer Course(s) Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Mathematics (Test Preparation), English Language Arts (Test Preparation), Literature and Writing, Technology & Engineering, Health Sciences or Leadership & Service, SAT Prep and Study Skills. Anticipated Schedule 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Mon - Thurs; flexible schedule Location Main Campus Pay Rate Information
$50.00 per hour (includes prep-time)
Position Start Date 06/07/2021 Position End Date 07/23/2020 Position Introduction
Applicants must possess an understanding of the needs of disadvantaged youth and the creativity to respond to student learning needs with innovative ideas and approaches without compromising course content. Excellent interpersonal skills a must.
Part-time Summer Faculty will provide instruction in core subject areas such as English, Mathematics, Science, History, Foreign Language/Culture, Composition, and Literature or an enrichment course such as Music, Art, Photography, Drama, Computers, or Communication. The Summer Virtual Program is from 14June to July 23, 2021. Teachers will teach daily (Monday to Thursday) for the entire six weeks. Hours will vary based on program needs. This is a security-sensitive position that will require a background check as a pre-employment qualifier.
This program will be conducted virtually this summer with some in person instruction. Applicants should be comfortable teaching on platforms such as Zoom, Google Classroom, Google Meets, and others. Technology assistance will also be provided, as needed. Experience teaching virtually is preferred.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Instructor will provide instruction in the varied subjects e.g. Creative Writing, Lab Science, Biology, Foreign Language, Math, STEM or related field that coordinates with high school students from 9th to 12th grades.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop a curriculum focusing on key concepts that will prepare students for their next year's high school courses
· Prepare pre- and post- test to determine student improvement
· Incorporate laboratory activities
· Analyze student needs
· Answer student questions and clarify areas of concern
· Submit lesson plans for review and approval by the Upward Bound Director and Advisor
· Attend planning meeting
· Assist students with homework, projects, class assignments and college applications
· Assist staff with college readiness workshops
· Perform other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / EXPERIENCE):
· Bachelor's degree in subject area, Science, STEAM, STEM or related field,
· Licensed teacher for 9th - 12th grade in given field and at least 1-year teaching experience preferred
Other Required Qualifications
Bachelor's degree is required.
Master's degree preferred.
Teaching Certification is required.
One or more years of teaching experience or commensurate experience in the field of expertise.
One or more years of experience teaching students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Valid Illinois Teaching License
· At least 1-year teaching experience preferred
Applications accepted until the position is filled? No If No, Application Deadline Date 05/08/2021 Special Instructions to Applicants
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com