Application MUST be submitted with a cover letter and CV for review
Reporting to the Chair of Nursing, faculty responsibilities include instructional preparation and teaching of
nursing courses offered at the Associate Degree level in the classroom, clinical, and laboratory/simulation settings, student advising,
curriculum development and evaluation, and assessment of student learning outcomes as assigned in accordance with the mission, core values,
and purposes of the college. The Faculty member is responsible for teaching 27 credits per year.
- Teaches 27 credits throughout the academic year
- Designs and delivers course content and evaluates
student learning outcomes in the classroom and simulation/clinical setting on an ongoing basis
- Delivers course material in a
learning-centered environment conducive to engaging students in the learning process;
- Develops instructional material consistent
with course objectives
- Utilizes a variety of active teaching/learning strategies to promote students' critical thinking
- Participates in on-going professional development
- Maintains expertise and currency in the area of teaching responsibility
- Participates in the governance of the College and the Division, as appropriate, for the accomplishment of the goals of the College
and Division of Nursing
- Engages in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies which are consistent with the
policies of the College, or with differences that are justified by the goals of the Division
- Actively engages in the development
and implementation of a written plan for the systematic evaluation of all components of the program that includes the evaluation of program
- Other duties as assigned.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- An earned doctorate in nursing/education or current enrollment with progress towards a doctoral degree from an appropriately accredited
institution is preferred
- A minimum of an earned Master's degree in nursing is required if no doctorate in nursing
- Minimum of five years full-time nursing experience or its equivalent within the last eight years
- Two years full time teaching
experience in a registered nursing program preferred, with expertise sufficient to teach theoretical and clinical in the course specialty
- A current unrestricted RN licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts nursing license is required
- Proven ability
to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Certified Nurse Educator is highly desirable.
Laboure College is a non-profit institution with a Catholic-guided mission. The College honors and welcomes all faith traditions.
Minority, veteran and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Laboure College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and
other categories as protected by Massachusetts law. Laboure College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.