Job Title Instructor of Nursing Department Nursing Program FLSA Status Exempt Job Type Adjunct Faculty Position Grade Faculty Employee Type Full Time Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Grant Funded No Work Year 9 Months Work Year-Other Information Typical Work Schedule
This is a full-time, tenure-track faculty position that requires the successful candidate to teach a minimum of 30 contact hours per academic year. In addition, faculty schedule weekly conference hours and are otherwise available regularly for student inquiry. Service on college committees and participation in departmental, divisional, shared governance, and college-wide initiatives is required as well.Bargaining Unit Eligibility Yes-Faculty Association Work Week 40 Hours Work Week-Other Information Special Instructions to Applicants Position Introduction
MCC instructors are higher-education professionals who champion student learning. They engage and inspire students, applying innovative teaching and learning pedagogies in instruction. They assess student learning to ensure student success, staying abreast of trends in the discipline. Our instructors collaborate within the College as discipline experts, helping the College reach its strategic goals through active participation in college committees and by promoting the College to future students throughout our communityReports to Director of Nursing Program Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Teach approximately 15 contact hours per semester in Nursing and will consist of a combination of clinical, lecture, and nursing lab hours.
· Available to teach daytime, evening, weekend, on-line, and blended classes, as needed
· Assessment of program objectives including student learning outcomes
· Assist the Department Chair and with scheduling, budget, recommendations or hiring of part-time staff, and other duties typically conducted by other Business instructors
· Work with High Schools, and appropriate MCC colleagues to facilitate dual credit/dual enrollment opportunities
· Be informed of activities at the State level that directly impact Nursing and the community college; i.e., Illinois Articulation Initiative, and ICCB
· Participate as a faculty member in college governance, committee work, advisement of students and assessment of student learning
· Assist in curriculum development through preparation of courses consistent with the needs of the McHenry County College business community.
· Assist with and chair/co-chair department events.
· Work with local industries and advisory committees that provide information necessary for future growth in the program areas.
· Work with colleagues in four-year institutions to facilitate articulation of appropriate courses with those institutions.
· Assist in the development of departmental goals and objectives with college-wide strategic planning and program reviews.
· Cultivate student engagement through facilitation of and/or participation in extracurricular activities.
· Assist in maintaining accreditation status through Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
· Master's degree in Nursing
· Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in IL with at least 4,000 hours of experience in clinical nursing practice.
· Work experience in an acute care setting within the last two years.
· CPR (BLS) certified through American Heart Association
· Experience in medical surgical and obstetrics
· Demonstrated experience in technology enhanced instruction.
· The ability to interact with the students and peers in a positive manner.
· Demonstrated commitment to professional growth.
· Commitment to the mission of the community college and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
· Commitment to working with beginning students.
n/aLocation Main Campus
Apply Here: https://mchenry.peopleadmin.com/
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com