The University of Maine Cooperative Extension and the Maine Business School invite applications for a full-time, fiscal year, continuing
contract eligible faculty appointment as an Assistant Extension Professor & Statewide Small Business Specialist. This position is a
joint appointment - 55% Cooperative Extension and a 45% teaching appointment through the Maine Business School. The position will be housed
at the University of Maine in Orono, and will provide education and research that address high priority issues in small business,
agriculture, and entrepreneurship and innovation. Within Cooperative Extension, the position will serve primary audiences including
citizens, potential and existing small home-based business owners and agricultural operations, county Extension educators, and other
professionals. Within the MBS, the position will include teaching courses in entrepreneurship, small business management, innovation, and
introduction to business, and performing research in the areas of entrepreneurship, innovation, small business, and/or related fields.About the University:
The University of Maine is a community of more than 11,700 undergraduate and
graduate students, and 2,500 employees located on the Orono campus and throughout the state. UMaine is the state land and sea grant
university and maintains a leadership role as the System's flagship university. As a result, it is dedicated to providing excellent
teaching, research, and service at the university, state, and national levels.
Further information about UMaine can be found at
The University of Maine offers a wide range
of benefits for employees including, but not limited to, tuition benefits (employee and dependent), comprehensive insurance coverage
including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short and long term disability as well as retirement plan options. As a former NSF
ADVANCE institution, the University of Maine is committed to diversity in our workforce and to dual-career couples.
located in beautiful Central Maine. Many employees report that a primary reason for choosing to come to UMaine is quality of life. Numerous
cultural activities, excellent public schools, safe neighborhoods, high quality medical care, little traffic, and a reasonable cost of
living make the greater Bangor area a wonderful place to live. Qualifications:Required:
- Ph.D. or terminal degree in the field of entrepreneurship, small business, or related field
- Teaching experience in the fields of entrepreneurship and small business.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Evidence of a collaborative approach to learner success.
- Recent scholarly activity and ongoing research pipeline in the field
of entrepreneurship, innovation, or small business management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Land Grant Institutions and
Cooperative Extension Systems.
- 5-10 years of professional experience managing an
entrepreneurial venture or small business.
- Knowledge of Innovation Engineering or other Innovation processes.
ability to develop and deliver effective outreach programs to individuals, businesses, organizations and other stakeholder audiences.
Materials must be submitted via "Apply For Position" below. You will need to create a
profile and application; upload:
- a cover letter which describes your experience, interests, and suitability for the position
- a resume/curriculum vitae
- contact information for three professional references
You will also need to submit the
affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status forms. Incomplete
application materials cannot be considered. Materials received after the initial review date will be reviewed at the discretion of the
University.Search Timeline is as follows:
- Review of applications to begin: June 16, 2021
- Screening interviews to begin no earlier than: June 28, 2021
- On-site interviews to begin no earlier than: July 7, 2021
- Tentative start date: August 30, 2021
Appropriate background checks are required.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.