Prairie View A&M UniversityAssociate/Full Professor & HeadJob Title
Associate/Full Professor & HeadAgency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
College Of EngineeringProposed Minimum Salary
$11,666.68 monthlyJob Location
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
The Department Head of Mechanical Engineering will lead a teaching and research-balanced department, providing vision in concert with strategic planning of the department, which aligns with the goals, and strategic plan of the university. The Department Head will lead the department to advance and accelerate research, innovation and education and facilitate collaborations across the university as well as nationally and internationally. The Department Head will be responsible for departmental strategic planning, personnel and facility management, student cultivation, curriculum development, and other required duties.Responsibilities:
Required Education & Experience:
- Managing the administrative functions of the department: guide and motivate faculty, hire new workers, determine fiscal goals of the department and ensure department success, oversee and establish policy, evaluate faculty and staff work performance, create work schedules, arrange department meetings, facility management and other required duties.
- Maintaining ABET/SACS accreditation requirements: monitor curriculum development, evaluate teaching professors to ensure that students are receiving the best possible learning experience.
- Advising students.
- Teaching undergraduate/graduate course(s) per University workload policy.
- Writing proposals and conducting research.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated strong peer-reviewed grant development experience, high quality research, and scholarship supported by federal, state, and/or industry funding.
- Demonstrated excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching that warrants a tenured track appointment at the rank of Associate/Full Professor.
- Demonstrated experience with ABET and regional accreditation.
Job Posting Close Date:Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated administrative leadership and experience in higher education such as the director of a research center or research institute, head of an academic department, or comparable position with responsibilities that included budgeting, strategic planning, personnel management, performance reviews, and promotion and tenure decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with higher education systems including ABET accreditation.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Associate-Full-Professor---Head_R-038099About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com