Prairie View A&M UniversitySr. Web & Applications DeveloperJob Title
Sr. Web & Applications DeveloperAgency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Business Affairs Information Resource OfficeProposed Minimum Salary
$5,446.09 monthlyJob Location
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
Plans and develops new and current web functionality and applications. Provides support and maintenance on the new and current applications. Gathers and analyzes requirements from university departments, faculty, and staff. Ensures all web functions are accessibility compliant. Incorporates responsive web design and technology into all site development. Manages web development using revision control software.
The position is grant-funding or support by restricting funding. Continued employment is contingent on the renewal of grant or restricting funding.Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Develop and implement strategic vision for PVAMU web presence and applications and provide leadership to Web Services team.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in web application security and ensure PVAMU web/mobile applications are secured.
- Task include but not limited to code testing, threat modeling, design reviews, penetration test, vulnerability monitoring and remediation, etc.
- Responsible for the development and management of PVAMU website, intranet, and mobile applications.
- Designing and Building custom WordPress themes and plugins. Manage hosting environment with WP Engine, including updates, security scans, backups, and troubleshooting.
- Ensure Electronic Information Resource accessibility standards are met.
- Develop and deliver measurable KPI to senior management. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or closely related field, or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience;
- Five years of experience in web development/programming with relational databases to produce dynamic web-based applications.
- Experience in consulting and/or strategy of web development/programming and in responsive web development.
Job Posting Close Date:Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional. Cover Letter (optional) Resume or Curriculum VitaeApplication Submission Guidelines:
- Experience with debugging web including Chrome/Android and mobile Safari.
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Sr-Web---Applications-Developer_R-032665About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com