This position is funded by a Title V grant for developing a new Computer Engineering (with Cybersecurity Program). This position serves as a faculty member and the Title V Cybersecurity Curriculum Developer. Curriculum development and fulfilling the goals of the grant are required.
Candidates must possess a broad professional background especially in computer engineering and cybersecurity in order to support and expand a wide variety of departmental foundation courses and sub-disciplinary elective offerings.
- Serve as Curriculum Developer of courses in computer engineering, specifically those related to cybersecurity. Curriculum development includes, but is not limited to, developing syllabi that align with the National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity standards, developing course content, designing security scenarios and lab exercises, developing assessments.
- Assist the project director in the management of the curriculum through the adoption and accreditation process including Vaughn curriculum committees, NYSED approval, and National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity and ABET accreditation.
- Co-coordinate grant activities professional development opportunities, summer programming and the internship program (in partnership with the Office of Career Services). In partnership with the department liaise with the industry and partner institutions.
- Assist in the evaluation of the cybersecurity program core including annual assessments and self-study reports.
- Teaching undergraduate courses, lecture and laboratory, for the Department of Engineering and Engineering Technology. This includes core departmental courses in the electrical engineering program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer hardware & software engineering, cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, networking (e.g., CISCO or other providers) and security system implementation of virtual and physical laboratory.
- Advise students and serve on department/college committees.
- Participation in scholarly activities that includes working with students in presenting and publishing papers related to disciplines represented by the department.
- Designing courses that support the student learning outcomes outlined by the department.
- Assessing student performance throughout the course and program using the Vaughn College faculty course assessment model.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- Teaching experience at a recognized HSI and a knowledge of both assessment of student outcomes and learning communities is preferred.
- Industry experience is also beneficial.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
- PhD or ABD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Experience in cybersecurity, computer networks, system security design and implementation, and artificial intelligence for cybersecurity are highly desirable.
Email cover letter and resume to the human resources department at HR@vaughn.edu noting the job you would like to apply for or visit www.vaughn.edu/faculty-jobs.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com