CIU School of Business and Professional Studies (SBPS) is seeking an Associate Professor
Sport Management Faculty to teach in and provide curriculum design and development for SBPS/Coaching Skills, Coaching/Leadership, and
related courses and disciplines within SBPS and the SBPS Sport Management program. The successful candidate will demonstrate success in
coaching college-level teams, proficiency in classroom teaching skills (in-person and online), and a commitment to advising, recruiting and
retaining students. The successful candidate will meet the instructional and accreditation requirements and standards of SBPS and the
University, including but not limited to a demonstrated commitment to CIU's Core Values.
SOME DUTIES AND
SOME REQUIREMENTS ARE:
- Teach 7-8 undergraduate sport management related courses per
academic year (faculty workload is calculated at 24 semester hours), with initial emphasis on new coaching and coaching skills program
- Actively engage in student mentoring and advisement.
- Assist with student recruitment and retention.
- Assist with program growth, strategic planning, curriculum design and course review to ensure consistency with CIU's institutional
mission and School of Business program objectives.
- Participate in external community and professional development activities
- Provide supervision of students in field internship courses as necessary.
- At least three years successfully coaching one or
more collegiate sports within a recognized NCAA or NCCAA conference required.
- Head coaching experience for collegiate sports team
- At least three years teaching coaching-related courses in the classroom within a university/collegiate Sport Management
- At least three years of experience teaching effectively at an accredited university.
engagement/membership in professional coaching associations preferred.
- Knowledge of the professional disciplines associated
with Sport Management.
- Demonstrated commitment to CIU's Mission and Core Values.
- Ph.D/Ed.D or equivalent in Sport
Management, Coaching, Sport Administration, Sport Leadership, Coaching, or closely-related field. Coaching certifications
- Master's in Sport Management or closely-related discipline required.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes 100% of
the employee's cost of membership in the Health Plan; a 401(k) plan with match opportunity, vacation, discounted tuition
Pre3K-Master's, and more.
Qualified candidates may access the FULL job description and complete the CIU Employment
by going to the Employment
page at www.ciu.edu
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.