Assistant Clinical Professor;
Associate Professor of Nursing
Elms College located in
Chicopee, MA is seeking an Assistant Clinical Professor; Associate Professor of Nursing. A full or part-time nursing faculty member is
responsible for the implementation of the nursing curriculum, program evaluation and improvement; supports the philosophy of the School of
Nursing (SON), and supports the mission of the College. Nursing faculty share in the budget planning activities, assist in the determination
of staffing needs, and provide input to the Dean or Associate Dean on the reappointment and/or promotion of members of the School.
The faculty member is also responsible for actively participating in all aspects of college community (teaching, scholarship and service)
in alignment with the faculty handbook and to serve a primary role in the governance and organization of the program including academic
planning, curriculum development and review, student academic advising, and program
PRIMARY DUTIES &
QUALIFICATIONS Criteria for Appointment as
Assistant Clinical Professor in Nursing
- Develops syllabus and teaching strategies for the assigned course(s) in conjunction with the respective
- Participates in ongoing curricular development, implementation, and evaluation within respective
- Participates in classroom and clinical teaching and evaluation.
- Serves as a faculty advisor to assigned nursing
students to assure students meet professional and degree requirements.
- Participates in activities to promote personal and
- Provides a self-evaluation annually in accordance with College and SON requirements.
- Serves as a
professional role model for students.
- Participates in standing and ad hoc committees with the college and the School of
- Attends regularly scheduled SON and College faculty meetings.
- Participates in pinning and hooding ceremonies,
convocations and commencement exercises.
- Assumes responsibility for serving as course coordinator as appropriate.
- Evaluates each course offering according to the SON End of Course Reports criteria (Appendix D of SON Faculty Handbook) and files in
appropriate course book in the School of Nursing.
- In general, full and part-time nursing faculty meets both the Elms College
Faculty and the School of Nursing requirements.
- Upholds, promotes and demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Mission and Core
Values (Faith, Community, Justice, Excellence) the College.
Criteria for Appointment as Associate Professor in Nursing
- Master's degree with a major in nursing required.
- Minimum of two
(2) y ears of successful teaching experience preferably at baccalaureate level.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional clinical
- Doctorate degree with a
major in nursing required.
- Minimum of two (2) y ears of successful teaching experience preferably at baccalaureate level.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional clinical nursing experience.
- Must have significant experience in the nursing
- Possess effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be committed to the concepts of
innovation and excellence in education.
- Must maintain active and current memberships in professional and community
- Must effectively use Microsoft Office Suite software and possess knowledge of accounting software.
- Experience with learning management systems (Moodle preferred), digital-authoring tools, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Create Cloud, and
Zoom or other collaborative software.
- Experience in the design and development of instructional materials is required.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Full-time schedule is on campus and may
include occasional evening appointments.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (writing, speaking), problem solving, and
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as on teams.
- Ability to maintain
confidentiality regarding employee, student/family records and data. Ability to use tack, discretion and diplomacy when providing technical
assistance to faculty, staff and students.
- Criminal background check will be conducted upon hire and on a routine basis
Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for 3 professional references via
email (as Word or PDF attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of
applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Elms College is an Equal Opportunity Educator and
Employer founded in the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph
Elms College is an Equal Opportunity employer. We educate
individuals from diverse communities and cultures, and therefore encourage applications from women, minorities and individuals with a
commitment to enabling the success of underrepresented groups.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.