Winona State University invites you to join our Community of Learners as an Assistant Professor of Physical Education and Sports Science.
This position is a probationary/tenure-track appointment with an expected start date of August 16, 2021. As a faculty member, you will be
responsible for teaching courses that would include, but are not limited to, fundamentals of adventure education, outdoor pursuits, climbing
wall instruction and certification, challenge course instruction and certification, adventure education practicum supervision, physical
education general education program courses, physical education teacher education courses. Additional responsibilities
Minimum qualifications for this position are
- instructing courses in varied locations, at varied times, and via various media commensurate with department and
- engaging in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of field;
- assisting with programmatic accreditation; and
- assisting with student recruitment to Winona State
- an earned Master's Degree in Education
Leadership, Leadership Education or Physical Education;
- three years of experience teaching university courses in physical education
- experience teaching fundamental physical education courses focusing on adventure education and outdoor
pursuits including paddle activities;
- experience with adventure trip programming within physical education adventure education
- certified as a Climbing Wall Instruction, Single Pitch Instructor, and Indoor and Outdoor Course Provider;
- certified as a Wilderness Medicine Instructor from National Outdoor Leadership School or Wilderness Medicine Association; and
- certified as a Wilderness First Aid Instructor and a Leave No Trace Trainer.
To apply, please go to https://winona.peopleadmin.com
. Along with a cv/resume and other required
documentation, applicants should submit a statement explaining their personal or professional experiences in working with diverse
populations (such as persons from differing race / ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, gender, or mental and physical ability) as
well as how the applicant would contribute toward a diverse and inclusive academic and employment culture and community at Winona State
University. Statements should be 1 page or less. Review of applications begins 6/11/2021.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.