Wichita State University: http://www.wichita.edu
Position: Educator/Teaching Professor in Engineering Technology, Full-time, 9-month
The Department of Engineering
Technology at Wichita State University invites you to apply for a teaching faculty position at the rank of Assistant Educator or Assistant
Teaching Professor specializing in range of technology, innovation and foundational engineering and mechanical courses.
- Develop and teach a range of technology, innovation and foundational engineering and mechanical
- Support laboratory development and experiential activities to enhance strong hands-on learning experiences.
- Mentor and advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Provide program development and accreditation/assessment
- Participate in recruitment and other service activities.
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or related discipline by hire date.
In lieu of a Master's
degree, consideration will be given for individuals with BS degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related discipline by hire
date and 8 years of industry or military industrial experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated effective
teaching at undergraduate or high school level
- Demonstrated ability to engage with industry.
- Demonstrated ability to
collaborate and/or lead multidisciplinary team members.
should have demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Appropriate background and experience consistent with the Engineering Educator/Instructor level.
- Ability to teach new concepts
at freshman level
- Knowledge of hand and power tools typical of maker space
- Demonstrated knowledge of curricula, software,
and tools specific to material and mechanical devices discipline
- Willingness to accommodate a variety of learning styles and
strategies in instructional delivery and learning activities, including online and blended learning, flexible teaching methods, and applied
- Terminal postgraduate degree relevant to engineering or
- 3+ Industry experience
- 3+ years of teaching/training
- Experience advising undergraduate applied computing, engineering and engineering technology students.
- Experience with students' recruitment and outreach activities.
- Industrial experience in materials selection and
- All candidates for faculty positions should be able to
demonstrate the ability to successfully educate and empower a diverse student population.
- Offers of employment are contingent upon
completion of a satisfactory criminal background check as required by Board of Regents policy.
Wichita State University does
not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs or activities on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.