The goal for each member of the University of the Southwest's campus community is to
consistently live the principles of the mission of the University. The USW mission is as follows:
- University of the Southwest
is a Christ-centered educational community dedicated to developing men and women for a lifetime of servant leadership by emphasizing
individual faith, responsibility, and initiative.
- Teaching at the University of the Southwest adheres to belief in God, in the
Bible as the inspired Word of God, in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and in the separation of church and state.
- University of the
Southwest strives for excellence in academic curriculum, campus life programming, and student activities in a supportive educational
community where freedom of thought and expression is honored and the demonstration of faith in acts of service is encouraged.
University of the Southwest, students are instructed and mentored by faculty and staff who demonstrate Christ-centered values and maintain
an environment where students can live and work cooperatively, valuing the multiples cultures from which they come; and
- As a
community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the
common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government,
and the practical contributions of community service.
The College of Education (COE)
is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time faculty position in Kinesiology & Health Education. A full-time, resident faculty
member in COE supports and advances the University's mission by providing expertise and experience in the discipline of Kinesiology
& Health Education, promoting the academic achievement and personal development of students. The courses in the BSE Kinesiology &
Health Education program will be offered online and hyflex modality to students working toward fulfilling core requirements and/or a
Bachelor's degree in Education. Experience teaching online through Blackboard is preferred.
- Teach 24 semester credit hours each academic year online.
- Manage courses and promote program
development in the areas of Kinesiology & Health Education.
- Be able to teach courses in Kinesiology & Health Education in a
quality, online format.
- Possess professional accomplishments that demonstrate creativity and energy, self-direction, and the
ability to work with a highly motivated team.
- Demonstrate an excellence in teaching and a willingness to teach using traditional
and distance education technologies.
- Meet/facilitate all scheduled classes/courses.
- Respond to student phone and email
inquiries within 24 hours (48 hours on weekends).
- Plan, organize, and inform students of course content, texts, readings,
assignments, attendance/participation, methods of evaluation/assessment, including grading scales.
- Assist in conducting program
review, and plan, develop, and implement activities in support of the Higher Learning Commission or other agency accreditation guidelines
with regard to student academic achievement (assessment) and student success on learning outcomes (institutional effectiveness).
- Use both qualitative and quantitative assessment to enhance instruction, increase student achievement, and make data-driven decisions
for continuous improvement.
- Submit final course grades to the registrar's office by the established deadline.
- Facilitate/teach face-to-face and/or online courses.
- Use distance education learning platforms and appropriate digital learning
- Encourage and support scholarly activity among students.
- Use technology to enhance teaching, learning, and
- Serve on departmental and university committees.
- Attend departmental/university meetings.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Participate in and develop efforts to recruit and retain students.
- Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
- Ensure ADA compliance within classes assigned.
- Embrace and celebrate
Other Responsibilities: Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills Preferred:
- Terminal degree in Kinesiology, Health Education, Exercise Sports Science, Sports
Education, Physical Education, Exercise Physiology, or closely related field.
- Possess a variety of work-related skills (e.g., time
management skills, collegiality, collaboration, task completion, strong written/oral/technology skills, etc.).
- Ability to
multi-task, embrace change, organize, and prioritize.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to work with
other faculty in a community-like work environment.
Will be considered:
Terminal degree (or ABD) in
education with a master's degree (18 cr hours) in Kinesiology, Health Education, Exercise Sports Science, Sports Education, Physical
Education, Exercise Physiology, or closely related field.
Education Experience and Skills Preferred:
- Familiarity with Blackboard and other online learning tools.
- University-level teaching experience.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.