Depends on Qualifications Location:
St. George, UT Job
Full-Time Faculty Division:
College of Health Sciences Job Number:
22FAC720-1 Position Announcement
The new Occupational Therapy Doctoral (OTD) Program in the College
of Health Sciences at Dixie State University in St. George, Utah, seeks a doctoral-prepared occupational therapist to ensure compliance with
the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) educational standards and manage the student fieldwork within the
The successful applicant will join an innovative team in the didactic and clinical development, and implementation of
the OTD program, as well as have primary responsibility for the development, coordination, and monitoring of student fieldwork experiences,
in compliance with ACOTE educational standards. This is an eleven-month faculty position, with a desired start date of early 2022. More
information about the college, faculty, and degree offerings can be found online at https://health.dixie.edu/
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Maintain Program compliance with
fieldwork requirements of ACOTE standards.
- Serve as the liaison between course directors, program director, and interprofessional
resources to achieve the objectives of the program, college, and university.
- Collaborate with faculty, program director, and
fieldwork educators to create and manage a Level II Fieldwork model that fits ACOTE standards.
- Oversee the mapping of all Fieldwork
experiences to the curriculum.
- Create and implement the evaluation plan for Fieldwork-related learning.
findings from the evaluation plan.
- Create the policies and procedures for soliciting student data and assigning Fieldwork
- Create and oversee the process for contract establishment and renewal.
- Oversee database utilization and management
by fieldwork faculty and staff.
- Collaborate with faculty and program director to develop ongoing learning opportunities for
- Provide recommendations to the Program's strategic plan.
- Assist the Program Director with completion
of all required annual reports for program accreditation.
- Teach in areas of expertise with the Program, as needed.
other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED OR DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess a
doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure as an occupational therapist
in the state of Utah.
- Minimum of three years of professional practice experience, including supervising occupational therapy
- A current and valid driver's license, with reliable personal transportation (job include frequent travel to
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills needed for working with diverse
- Proficient with computer technology and strong organization, problem-solving, and counseling skills.
Supplemental Information POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND
- Experience in academic program or curricular development and knowledge of
- Teaching experience at the college/university level.
- Experience with online teaching.
in scholarly activity.
Full-time (11-month) faculty position, on either the tenure track or professional track, depending on qualifications &
experience. Faculty service, including pay & benefits, begins early 2022. Annual salary commensurate upon qualifications & experience;
additional compensation available for summer/overload teaching. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes
medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for
employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/
"Benefits Summary" for more details. ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Application review begins July
; position open until filled
. Candidates must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact information for
three professional references (including email addresses), transcripts, and a Student Success Statement (approximately one page,
single-spaced, about their teaching or other experience, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population). Please
upload all of the requested documents when you submit your application. Employment is contingent upon successful completion and
certification of required degrees and upon successfully passing a background check. If, because of a disability, you need special services
or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office (435) 652-7520. ABOUT THE
Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional
student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and
entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning
environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in
picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to
world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an
international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn
more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more
than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or
emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations
aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its
programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination,
including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal,
state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and
its implementing regulations and/or DSU's non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel
Sainsbury - email@example.com, HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org,
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit https://titleix.dixie.edu/
- U.S. Department of Education, Office
of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com, 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify
identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Benefits Click here to visit https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the wonderful
benefits available to you as a Dixie State employee!
Highlights from DSU's benefits package include:
retirement contribution, paid 100% by the employer (no match required), vested on day 1 of full-time employment;
undergraduate tuition waiver (paid at 100%) for employee, spouse, and unmarried dependent children to take courses at Dixie State;
- Full medical, dental, and vision plans, with low employee-paid premiums, that begins on day 1 of full-time employment;
Spending Accounts or Health Savings Accounts available;
- Employer-paid basic life insurance & disability insurance coverage from day
1 of full-time employment;
- Generous staff leave accruals, plus 12 paid holidays per calendar year.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.