The Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS), College of Health Professions, Department of Physical Therapy is seeking to fill two full-time, 12-month, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program faculty positions at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor, beginning in the Fall Quarter of 2021.
The successful candidates shall demonstrate expertise in teaching in areas associated with the individual's specialty area and experience, possess a developed research agenda with the potential to contribute to our department's research and scholarship. In addition, candidates shall embody congruency with our mission and values of altruism, excellence, integrity, social responsibility, and civility; and exhibit readiness to uphold the University's and Program's focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Who We Are
RFUMS is the only graduate health sciences University in the United States named after a woman scientist. Comprised of five postgraduate health professions schools and colleges, RFUMS places a unique emphasis on interprofessional training and practice. The university is located in the city of North Chicago, Illinois, between Chicago, Illinois and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. As such RFUMS is centered in a richly diverse community that boasts a broad cultural, religious, and ethnic heritage.
RFUMS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is dedicated to creating and fostering a diverse academic environment. We are especially seeking and encouraging applications from individuals belonging to groups underrepresented in their respective fields, as well as others who would enrich and add unique perspectives to the University. Full-Time Faculty Expectations:
All full-time faculty members employed by RFUMS are expected to engage in activities that are considered core to their primary role as a faculty member. These activities include teaching, scholarly activity, and service.Teaching responsibilities vary and may include:
Scholarly activities vary and may include:
- Direct instruction
- Curriculum management
- Advising and mentoring students
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Original scholarship
- Grant procurement
- Research mentoring
- Service activities vary and may include internal and external contributions through:
- Contributions to the profession
- Direct patient care
- Scholarly activities and/or clinical activities are negotiated and determined at the department level and are primarily based upon the faculty track.
Teaching in the candidate's area(s) of expertise
Position 1: neurologic physical therapy
Position 2: neurologic physical therapy, pediatrics, research, basic science, or other area(s)
Required Education and Experience
- Participating in the design, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum.
- Student advising
- Contributing to the departmental research aligned with a well-defined scholarly agenda
- Participating in professional service activities at the program, college, university, or professional level
- Participating in admission interviews
- Promoting effective working relationships among faculty, staff, and students
- Contributing to efforts of maintaining compliance with CAPTE accreditation standards
- Attending department meetings
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Graduation from an accredited CAPTE program and eligibility for licensure in Illinois with the expectation of obtaining an Illinois license within 6 months of employment
- Earned terminal academic doctoral degree (PhD, DSc, DHS, EdD, or equivalent).
- Must achieve a background check clearance
- Ability to embrace and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to work in an interprofessional collaborative setting
- Effective teaching skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Research experience
- Sound work ethic and sense of integrity
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Prior academic DPT teaching experience in a specialty area
- Knowledge of effective classroom teaching strategies and assessment methodologies
- Background in clinical or rehabilitation research
- Publication record
Selected candidate must have the mental and physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Work environments include on-site (classroom/laboratory and office) activities, and remote teaching, which all require extensive use of computer and related technologies.
EOE, Including Disability / Vets
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.