Position: Assistant Professor of English
Location: Moore, OK
August 2021 (or sooner)
Randall University seeks either a full-time Assistant Professor of
English with a Christian Worldview who is also called to teach diverse students beginning Fall 2021. The Professor will also with students
in need of remediation and academic intervention. This individual reports to the Academic Dean and works in cooperation with the other
university faculty members. This is a ten-month, non-tenure track renewable position.
As a small institution, the ideal candidate is
comfortable teaching a host of English and writing-related courses, and developing close mentoring relationships with traditional,
non-traditional, and online students. Class sizes at Randall are small (15-20 students) and contribute to a culture of student-centered
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and current developments in various fields of
English, writing, and research.
- Integrates her/his comprehensive knowledge of English, writing, and research from a Biblical
- Excels in teaching both in-person traditional students and online adult learners.
- Implementing developing academic intervention policies
- Engage in activities to support the mission and vision of Randall University
- Participate in departmental and university
committee work, including supplemental academic instruction committee.
- Contribute to campus culture, including spiritual formation
- Participate in ongoing assessment at the course, program, and institutional levels.
- Complete 30 workload hours, or equivalent, per academic year.
- Engage in ongoing professional development and scholarship.
- Maintain regular office hours
- Create High Impact Learning
Practices (Project-based, service, experiential, practicum-based learning) in the classroom.
- Master's degree in English or a related field from an accredited institution.
evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Successful candidate will affirm and support the Mission, Vision, and
Statement of Faith of Randall University as found here: https://ru.edu/about-randall/what-we-believe/biblical-foundations/
- Three years K12 experience
- Experience teaching courses at the college level is preferred
- PhD or EdD in English or a related field a from an accredited institution.
Submit the following materials to the selection
committee to the email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Upload a cover
letter, which emphasizes his/her strengths with institutional fit.
- Submit a curriculum vitae
- Select and submit one piece
of additional evidence (statement on philosophy of teaching, reference letter, scholarly work, course evaluations)
- List of three
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.