Edward Waters College in Jacksonville, Florida is seeking qualified candidates for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor position in Business Management to teach in the Online Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program, pending approval of the program by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan for and instruct courses in the area of Accounting and/or Finance.
- Design and implement relevant and progressive curriculum.
- Deliver high-quality instruction through the planning and implementation of effective learning strategies and environments.
- Create performance-based assessments aligned with competencies through formative and summative measures.
- Promote student success through timely communication, growth-based feedback, and implementation of strategies that meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Meet professional expectations by maintaining professional currency and contributing to a collaborative culture across the College.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Doctorate or other appropriate terminal degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting or Finance.
- Commitment to high-quality instruction in a student-centered environment.
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and use of instructional technology.
- Prior college-level teaching is expected and online teaching experience is preferred.
- Evidence of potential in scholarship and publication is expected.
- Experience with Quality Matters standards for online teaching is preferred.
Please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references (name and contact information) to firstname.lastname@example.org
. The unofficial transcripts must be submitted prior to issuance of the contract. To ensure priority consideration, the specified application materials must be received in PDF format by June 15, 2021.
Screening will continue until the position is filled.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.