Montana State University Billings seeks an assistant professor faculty member to teach methods courses in science in both the undergraduate
and graduate teacher preparation programs, an undergraduate course on assessment and a graduate course on research.
University Billings seeks an assistant professor faculty member to teach methods courses in science in both the undergraduate and graduate
teacher preparation programs, an undergraduate course on assessment and a graduate course on research. Each term of appointment shall not
exceed one year. The appointment is renewable on term-by term basis (not to exceed year-to-year) at the discretion of the administration. We
seek a candidate who shares our commitment to serving diverse student populations, inclusive education, and effective practices in teaching,
including integration of appropriate technology. Courses are offered face to face and online. Candidates should have a strong grasp of
course design, effective teaching strategies, and a minimum of 3 years of teaching in a public-school setting. Candidates should also offer
evidence of potential for excellence in university teaching and the capacity to engage with colleagues in collaborative work and projects as
well as experience working with diverse students. Candidates are encouraged to identify their strengths and/or experiences in the area(s) of
inclusivity and culturally sustaining/revitalizing pedagogy.Position Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications - Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Teach science methods
courses in the undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Teach education assessment strategies in an undergraduate course.
a graduate research course.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate education courses online and face to face.
- Advise undergraduate
and graduate students in the College of Education.
- Provide service to campus and community by serving on department and college
- Participate with college and department faculty in improving education instruction through continuous quality
Preferred Qualifications - Experience, Education, Knowledge &
- An earned master or
doctorate in a field related to teacher education
- A minimum of three years of teaching in a public-school setting
in the teaching of science methods.
- Potential for excellence in university teaching in face-to-face and online
- Capacity to engage with colleagues in collaborative work and projects
- Working with or studying issues associated
with diversity and inclusivity
- Evidence of an understanding of course and program design principles
- Experience working with a diverse range
of adult and young adult learners
- Experience in supervisory work with teacher candidates
- Scholarly potential
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.