I. JOB SUMMARY
The IT Project Administrator will demonstrate superb skills in the following areas: time management, organization, communication, detail/task completion. They will be the key stakeholder for managing all Capitol and IT Pulse Center Projects, while also assisting with other campus projects as needed. Qualified IT Project Administrators will have a background and training in Project Management, IT, and Administrative duties. This position also involves assisting the CIO and Network Services Manager in maintaining the IT Pulse Center Budget, one of the largest within the institution.
II. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain, oversee, and administer all IT and Capitol Projects at the university through Microsoft Project and other applications
- Directly work with 3rd party vendors, contract negotiator, VPs, and other university staff to procure software, hardware, services, and contracts for D’Youville
- Budget Administrator for the IT Pulse Center Budget Lines (includes entering vouchers, confirming Purchase Order creation, following up with vendors and internal departments, maintaining funds/confirming GL transactions, reconciling department Credit Cards)
- Assist with writing and maintaining internal policies and procedures pertaining to usage of institutional Technology Systems
- Provide backup/Tier 1 level support as needed for IT Tech Lounge
- Liaise with vendors and other departments for problem resolution, project input, and troubleshooting
- Assist in maintaining a hardware and software inventory for the institution, as well as assist in maintaining lifecycle management within the organization
- Document all pertinent information using the appropriate call-tracking/ticketing system
- Reinforce customer retention through exemplary problem solving and service
- Assist CIO and other departments with Community Outreach projects to further the mission of D’Youville and its surrounding communities
- Work with Community Partners to maintain business relationships, and foster new opportunities for advancement and growth
III. OTHER JOB DUTIES:
Other duties as assigned
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills; polite and professional demeanor
- Partner with all customers despite varied technical abilities
- Experience with:
- Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project Experience (equivalent training can also be provided)
- Google Project Management Experience or PMP Certified (preferred)
- Problem Solving & Multi-tasking are essential for this role
- Community Outreach Experience
V. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor’s Degree or higher from Accredited College or University OR Equivalent Professional Experience
Master’s Degree Preferred AND/OR Project Management Certification
- 1+ years’ Project Management Skills OR 5+ years’ experience with Customer Service Skills
- Experience troubleshooting current operating systems/working with end-users
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Communication and Community Engagement Experience
VI. PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Mental/Visual Demand and Physical Effort
- For normal office environment must be able to lift 40 lbs. from floor level.
- Must be able to lift and manuever normal size full file box for archival purposes.
- Must be able to occasional bend, twist, and stoop.
- Frequent typing of computer keyboard.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com