The Online Admissions Counselor serves as a guide for prospective online students as they navigate the application and enrollment processes. Counselors are a student’s primary point of contact leading up to admission. You are expected to provide thorough information about our online degree programs. You also serve as a link to other departments for students’ questions about topics like transcripts, tuition and transferring credits. Your ultimate responsibility is to support prospective students in pursuing their educational goals. The ideal candidate is responsible for building strong relationships with students as they progress through the admissions process. See required and preferred qualifications for each level below.
· Initiating and responding to a high volume of inbound and outbound inquiries from a diverse pool of newly applied and admitted students. This equates to approximately 5 hours of outbound contact per day
· Successfully handle an estimated lead volume of 250-300 prospective students per month
· Communicate with newly applied and admitted students via telephone, email and virtual conferences to assist them in making informed decisions by providing timely and accurate information
· Provide courteous service to prospective and new students inquiring about the university, its academic programs, admissions requirements, policies, payment options and procedures
· Ensure a positive customer experience by being available, courteous, knowledgeable and responsive to new student needs and wants;
· Scheduling and meeting with prospective students in order to provide a comprehensive overview of the D’Youville value proposition and the benefits of a world class education
· Developing relationships with new students by utilizing the CRM to record all interactions and customizing condition-based outreach
· Effectively utilize the customer relationship management platform to adhere to established best-practice business processes that provide relevant information to newly admitted students throughout the discovery and decision-making phase;
· Evening and weekend hours may be required Knowledge and Abilities- Required competencies, proficiencies, specialized knowledge, technology skills, etc.
· Strong oral and written communication and demonstrated human relation skills
· Basic mathematical skills, strong Microsoft Excel skills preferred
· Demonstrated problem solving skills
· Experience in a call center environment
· Ability to use a personal computer and Internet experience essential. Capable to work remote web media for remote communications and presentations
· Strong multi-tasking skills competencies required
· Bachelor's degree.
· Experience working or volunteering in online admission, recruiting, college access, advising, sales or marketing, ideally in a higher education setting
· Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high volume/high interaction environment
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com