Job Title Graphic Arts Instructor Department Art Department FLSA Status Exempt Job Type Faculty Position Grade Faculty Employee Type Full Time Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Grant Funded No Work Year 9 Months Work Year-Other Information (August-May) Typical Work Schedule
This is a full-time, tenure-track faculty position that requires the successful candidate to teach a minimum of 30 contact hours per academic year. In addition, faculty schedule weekly conference hours and are otherwise available regularly for student inquiry. Service on college committees and participation in departmental, divisional, shared governance, and college-wide initiatives is required as well.
Bargaining Unit Eligibility Yes-Faculty Association Work Week 40 Hours Work Week-Other Information 30 Contact Hours/week Special Instructions to Applicants
In your cover letter or teaching philosophy statement, please be sure to address your commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community college. Explain as well your process of teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles. All finalists will be required to present a formal teaching demonstration.
MCC instructors are higher education professionals who champion student learning. They engage and inspire students and apply innovative teaching and learning pedagogies to reach a variety of learners. Our instructors assess student learning to ensure student success, staying abreast of current and emerging trends in their disciplines. They collaborate within the College as discipline experts, and help the College to reach its strategic goals through active participation in college committees and promotion of the College to future students throughout our community.
This position will be a part of the Art Department. The Graphic Design program within the Art Department provides instruction to students seeking a degree, certificate, or career skills-update. This program includes an associate of applied science degree (designed for students going directly into the workforce) as well as associate of arts and associate of fine arts degrees (designed for students transferring to four-year institutions). The instructor selected for this position is expected to teach a variety of Graphic Design courses; develop and update curriculum; work with community and professional stakeholders; and participate in the offerings of the Art Department, including Skyway Conference activities, student art shows, and Voices, the student literary arts magazine.
Reports to Dean of Arts and Humanities Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
· Demonstrate content expertise and currency within their academic field
· Develop and maintain an increasingly diverse and effective pedagogical skill set that reflects our philosophy as established in our mission: Our focus is learning. Student success is our goal.
· Possess both the willingness and the ability to share expertise with students, colleagues, and the broader college community in a manner that is engaging and effective
· Engage in continued professional growth, scholarly engagement, and/or creative development
· Demonstrate both the willingness and the ability to embrace technology within the college environment
· Develop and maintain a solid commitment to college service and community engagement
· Engage in professional behavior and participate actively in teamwork while respecting the diversity of values, opinions, and backgrounds both inside and outside the classroom environment
· Supervise the studios and make area decisions and recommendations
Required Education Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution Other Required Qualifications
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in graphic design or a closely related field and 2,000 hours of related experience
· Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in graphic design or a closely related field; or a master's degree in art with 18 graduate credit hours in graphic design
· Experience teaching at a community college
· Experience using technology to enhance student learning
· A record of ongoing employment as a graphic designer
Skills and Specifications
Location Main Campus
Apply Here: https://mchenry.peopleadmin.com/
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com