Two Associate Research Scientist positions are available in the Leong laboratory at Columbia University. The laboratory's research focus is on (i) understanding and exploiting the interactions of cells with nanostructures for therapeutic applications (ii) constructing human tissue-on-chips for disease modeling and drug development.
See the laboratory's website for more information:
The primary role of the positions is to assist with developing the research and operations of the Leong Lab.
I. Scientific research and leadership (60%)
1. Lab research: Assisting research projects with in vitro culture of human-induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC), reprograming of hiPSC into neural stem cells/retinal pigment epithelium cells, molecular cloning, genome editing, identifying cells populations by flow cytometry, and analyzing tissues morphologies by confocal microscopy.
2. Mentoring trainees: Working with students on the development of research projects, manuscripts preparation, and presentations.
II. Grant proposals and management (25%)
1. Pre-award: Proposal writing, drafting support letters, coordinating of required submission materials.
2. Post-award: Preparing project progress reports and presenting results at meetings organized by funding agencies.
III. Overseeing the smooth operation of the lab in coordination with other lab members (15%)
1. Centralized organization: Working with current lab members to ensure lab materials are centrally organized, including plasmids, cell stocks, and antibody inventories.
2. Overseeing the coordination of lab tasks: This includes preparation of lab stocks and materials (cell culture supplies, etc.) and lab equipment management
Minimum Degree Required:
The minimum educational qualities is a PhD degree in a related field, such as biology, bioengineering, chemistry, chemical engineering.
A minimum of two years of postdoctoral training
Applications, including a cover letter, resume, list of publications and list of references should be submitted online at http://pa334.peopleadmin.com/postings/7841
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Columbia University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com