Employment History Include your last ten (10) years of employment history, or length of your employment history if less, including all positions (even those that are not relevant to this position) and periods of unemployment. Incomplete information could disqualify you from further consideration.
Under general supervision, position performs tasks and experiments in support of academic research projects. Responsibilities may include routine molecular biology, biochemical, and cell biology techniques. Maintains and prepares accurate records of all experiments. Assists with general laboratory organization and maintenance.
(100%) Research and Lab Support
- Order general lab supplies and reagents.
- Stock and organize incoming lab supplies.
- Perform weekly inventory of lab supplies.
- Prepare and test competent bacterial cells.
- Prepare standard media and solutions.
- Maintain mammalian cell lines in culture.
- No professional experience required.
- 1 or more years of experience in a laboratory setting, which may be obtained during undergraduate laboratory coursework.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in cell biology and animal models.
- Proficient in the operation of standard lab equipment and computer hardware/software.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Undergraduate, including laboratory, coursework in biological sciences or related field.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to learn and understand operation of basic lab equipment.
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive functions.
- After initial instruction, ability to follow directions and perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to communicate required information and keep accurate records of work performed.
- Proven ability to work both independently and also as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with diverse groups. Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with personnel at all levels.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment.
- Must be willing to work an adjusted schedule to support research needs.
- Successful completion of the Institute's background investigation.
This position requires constant handling, seeing, sitting, standing, and talking.
Apply Here: https://www.salk.edu/about/careers/
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
When inquiring or applying for positions at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com