Under the general guidance of the AVP, Information Technology, the Director of Enterprise Applications will be accountable for the management of Adler's academic and business application portfolio to deliver excellence in the implementation, development, integration, support, and maintenance of applications and services.
The role ensures business and technology requirements are defined and agreed upon by partnering with users, internal teams, and vendors to deliver solutions as part of the organization's objectives and improvement of IT services in support of Adler's overall strategic priorities. The role develops and monitors processes, procedures, workflows, and policies in alignment with established University policies and enterprise best practices.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems is required or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience managing and supporting enterprise applications such as ERP, CRM, SIS, LMS, and HRIS systems.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience leading teams as an Enterprise Applications Director or similar role.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience or equivalent education in identifying, analyzing, and documenting requirements; analyzing application features and functions to assess scope and impact of business needs; conducting workflow, process diagrams, and gap analysis; writing specification for conversion or interface programs.
- One of the following certifications (or higher) preferred: PMP, CAPM, ITIL, Six Sigma
- Commitment to diversity and building an inclusive community.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and a strong technical understanding of enterprise applications, integration design, database systems, data warehousing, software development, reporting, business intelligence, and business processes.
- Hands-on experience managing and supporting Ellucian Colleague, Ellucian Banner, PeopleSoft, Salesforce, or other ERP/Student Information Systems.
- Knowledge of standard SDLC and Agile software development methodologies.
- Outstanding deductive and investigative skills to identify and diagnose complex, non-intuitive technical problems.
- An effective communicator including written, oral, and listening with the ability to educate at all levels of the organization to ensure alignment on strategy and priorities.
- Ability to manage change effectively. Always mindful of people, process, and technology implications.
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally with a high level of tenacity to solve problems.
- Sound understanding of application compliance requirements in healthcare or higher education setting such as FERPA and HIPAA.
- Strong project management background and ability to set scope and delivery expectations with internal customers and technical teams.
- Strong collaboration acumen and relationship-building abilities.
- Sound understanding of IT Service Management and a clear commitment to ITSM frameworks like ITIL.
- Experience with the following technologies: Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, SQL, REST, Python, Ruby, C# or other programming and scripting languages.
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence, empathy, and professional maturity.
Supervision: Software Engineers, Business Intelligence Developers, Application Support Analysts
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Enterprise Applications function, responsible for people management and driving a positive team culture that continually encourages creativity, ownership, and accountability.
- Develop a sustainable enterprise applications strategy to ensure reliability, availability, scalability, and performance of Adler's Enterprise Applications portfolio both on-premise and in the cloud in partnership with the Infrastructure and Service Desk teams.
- Partner with IT governance structures, peers, and business partners to establish and manage department project portfolio in alignment with strategic direction and business initiatives.
- Recruit, develop, lead, and retain a high-performing, effective, and diverse team that embodies continuous improvement.
- Partner with the Infrastructure team to ensure applications are compliant with security and privacy requirements such as GDPR, FERPA, HIPAA, PCI, HITRUST, SOC, and ISO27001.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the administration and configuration of the enterprise applications portfolio.
- Partner with Infrastructure and Service Desk teams to support the preparation and maintenance of the organization's disaster recovery and business continuity plans to ensure business risks are addressed within appropriate recovery timeframes.
- Identify areas of opportunity to consolidate applications, automate capabilities, scale functionality for high volume processing, and maximize functional and technical capabilities to reduce manual process.
- Oversee development of managerial and financial reporting, visualizations, and business intelligence tools in partnership with business partners.
- Ensure all users have the training and documentation to perform their work efficiently and effectively.
- Manage functional application support activities ensuring timely resolution of open issues, accurate documentation, and service delivery focus.
- Lead the development, governance, and maintenance of Adler's internal and external portals using WordPress, SharePoint, and other web content management platforms
- Development of business cases including financial modeling and strategic planning as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned or needed.
Work Environment (Physical Demands): The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting to 25 pounds, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect, and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values, and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts the success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge, and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate, and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions, and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in a professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism, and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal, and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com