Posting Number: F2021-019
This position will be assigned primarily to the B.S.W. program.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education and experience: M.S.W. from a C.S.W.E.-accredited program. Ph.D or D.S.W. in social work or related field. Applications from ABDs will be considered.
A minimum of two years post-M.S.W. practice experience and evidence of effective teaching.
Demonstrated ability to teach across the generalist curriculum; commitment to service and scholarly activities and prior teaching experience in an accredited social work program; knowledge of the Council on Social Work Education Accreditation Standards; a commitment to the social work profession; eligible for social work licensure; and willing to teach in all delivery models including face-to-face, online, and off campus locations.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs an equivalent of twenty-four teaching load credits for the combined fall and spring semesters; reduction of teaching load through reassignment of duties is possible under certain circumstances.
2. Engages in research/scholarly/creative and service activities at levels that are appropriate to faculty rank and departmental tenure/merit criteria.
3. Provides services to the university and the profession.
4. Participates in promotion review of lower-ranked faculty members within the department.
5. When tenured, participates in tenure review of candidates for tenure.
6. May conduct supplemental instructional activities such as independent studies, internships, advising, and thesis/dissertation supervision.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
1. May receive course load reassignment when assigned administrative duties in support of the department/college/university.
2. May receive course load reassignment when assigned to prepare course material during the first semester/year when included as part of initial contract.
3. May receive course load reassignment when approved to conduct research/scholarly/creative accomplishment and service which exceed normal expectations.
4. May supervise the work of student and/or graduate assistants.
5. May serve on departmental, college, and university committees.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Extensive knowledge in the field in which the individual will be teaching.
2. Ability to effectively teach undergraduate and/or graduate students.
3. Ability and commitment to conduct research and/or scholarly/creative accomplishments and service.
4. Ability to work within a collaborative faculty environment.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
6. Ability to work effectively and patiently with students.
Terminal degree in the field in which the individual will be teaching is required. ABD candidates may be considered if Ph.D. is earned prior to start date.
Required Experience and Training:
The rank of assistant professor is held by an individual who demonstrates the capability to produce research/scholarly/creative accomplishments, teach effectively, and provide service to the academic and general communities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A completed application shall include the following: letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of all college/university transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. The successful candidate will be required to submit official transcripts prior to employment. In order to be considered for the position, you must apply online. The required supplemental materials must be attached when applying. Questions about the position can be directed to the chair of the search committee, Dr. James Morris, at (936) 468-1169 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.