Applicants must apply by completing an unclassified application online at https://jobs.nicholls.edu. Paper applications will not be accepted.
If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that all
applications received are subject to the Louisiana Public Records Act 44:1 et seq., and information regarding your
application may be released if requested under this statute.
EDUCATION and REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum Experience Required
Teaching experience at the university or community college level
Minimum Education Required
PhD in Geography, ABD in geography considered.
PhD in Geography
- Experience teaching geography courses
at a university or community college level
- A record of successful and effective teaching in a survey and general education
geography courses based on retention rates and evaluations.
- Experience in grant writing and/or willingness to write grants
- Experience with student recruiting
- Scholarly publications and presentations
SACS certification to teach history courses
- Teach 12 contact hours of courses. The assistant professor is responsible for planning and presenting course material, establishing
course objectives and requirements in accordance with university and program policy and making them known to students, selecting and
ordering texts and supplemental materials in accordance with university and department policy, preparing, administering, and grading
assignments, and assigning grades.
- Attend all classes unless absence is approved by the department head.
- The assistant
professor shall evaluate student work with the appropriate comments and/or grades in an accurate and timely manner.
- Hold 10 office
hours each week and be generally available to students.
- Use the university-designed electronic delivery system (currently Moodle)
to post grades as required by the University, the course syllabus, and any announcements.
- Accountable for ensuring that affirmative
action, equal opportunity, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions in areas of responsibility
- Service to the university and department may include recruitment activities, shared governance, committee
participation, advising student organizations, commencement ceremonies, and all university and department deadlines. The assistant professor
may be asked to perform other acts of service as needed.
- Attend all mandatory university and department functions.
- Engage in scholarly research and contribute to the knowledge in the field through publications and
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.