Dean Student Success Research
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$100,000.00 - $160,000.00 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$48.08 per hour
Oversees analyst team carrying out a wide variety of research efforts in analysis of student success, student satisfaction, program need, transfer success, graduate satisfaction, employer satisfaction, and institutional climate. This includes survey construction, development of survey instruments, design of research protocols and procedures, and dissemination of findings within Dallas College and to external stakeholders.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College
• Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition.
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity.
• Demonstrated understanding of the educational, cultural, and social needs of a diverse student population.
• Identify, select, extract, and summarize data and structured information.
• Ability to identify, address, and collaborate with colleagues on solutions to barriers preventing a significant portion of our population from having a job that pays a living wage.
• Possess excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, complex ideas, and information to a variety of diverse stakeholders/constituents within the Dallas College community network related to career and academic requirements.
• Strong project and program management and evaluation skills.
• Experience developing and managing diversity initiatives and outreach programs.
• Knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• Ability to provide information, direction, and support services for students with learning, cognitive, mental health, or physical disabilities
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Master’s degree with coursework in research methods and data analysis.
• Five (5) years of progressive responsibility working with analytics, data management, and research in higher education or related field.
• Experience with data analysis, reporting, and visualization platforms.
• Experience producing research reports for a variety of purposes and stakeholder audiences.
• Experience with Data Mining, Predictive Analytics and Modeling.
• Experience with action research and quantitative and qualitative research methods and data analysis.
• Experience leading teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain effective communication between students and faculty within the College and external community stakeholders.
• Interpret, articulate, and implement a variety of regulations, guidelines, and procedures to ensure compliance with district policies, state and federal government laws and regulations.
• Experience in assisting with operational planning, policy development, and outcome/needs assessment for student recruitment and retention.
• Engenders and supports an institutional culture of data-driven change to positively impact student access and success.
• Applies theory from various social sciences to inform research and action.
• Ensures adoption of best practices and integrates data from across research teams at peer institutions and high schools.
• Integrates latest industry trends into research and reporting of Dallas College metrics.
• Conducts ad hoc analyses to inform leadership team and Board priorities and strategic plan.
• Provides recommendations and develops tools to measure board and college strategic priorities.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Associate Vice Chancellor, Strategic Analytics
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Assigned work location may vary.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com