Dean, Data Management and Reporting
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$100,000.00 - $160,000.00 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$48.08 per hour
Oversees collection, design, analysis and development of Dallas College quality performance indicators and data into meaningful performance measures.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College
• Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition.
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity.
• Identify, select, extract. and summarize data and structured information.
• Ability to identify, address, and collaborate with colleagues on solutions to barriers preventing a significant portion of our population from having a job that pays a living wage.
• Possess excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, complex ideas, and information to a variety of stakeholders/constituents within the Dallas College community network related to career and academic requirements.
• Strong project and program management and evaluation skills.
• Experience developing and managing diversity initiatives and outreach programs.
• Knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
• Ability to provide information, direction, and support services for students with learning, cognitive, mental health, or physical disabilities.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Master’s Degree, Official Transcripts required
• Five (5) years of progressive responsibility working with analytics, data management, and research in higher education or related field
• Experience with reporting and visualization platforms
• Experience with data governance initiatives and tools
• Experience with relational databases, SQL, and programming languages
• Experience with Data Mining, Predictive Analytics, and Modeling
• Experience leading teams
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ability to maintain effective communication between students and faculty within the College and external community stakeholders.
• Demonstrated understanding of the educational, cultural, and social needs of a diverse student population.
• Experience interpreting, articulating. and implementing a variety of regulations, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with district, state and federal government.
• Experience in assisting with operational planning, policy development, and outcome/needs assessment for student recruitment and retention.
• Engenders and supports an institutional culture of data-driven change to positively impact student access and success.
• Ensures adoption of best practices and integrates data from across research teams at peer institutions and high schools.
• Proactively and aggressively identifies and resolves data quality issues and maintains a robust measurement and reporting audit process for routine reports and measures.
• Produces business intelligence products – reports, dashboards and visualizations, predictive models, e.g. – to support decisions and actions across Dallas College.
• Builds executive dashboards to provide visibility and access to key metrics, defines targets for KPIs, and tracks progress against targets.
• Collects and reports out data needed for accreditation efforts with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and other accreditation agencies.
• Develops data models and reports based on changing practices or mandates from various organizations and local, state, and federal agencies
Reports to: Associate Vice Chancellor, Strategic Analytics
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Assigned work location may vary.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com