Senior Director, Supplier Diversity
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$100,000.00 - $160,000.00 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$48.08 per hour
Dallas College is seeking an experienced leader with a proven track record of planning, implementing, executing, and evaluating supplier diversity activities in a dynamic higher education environment. The Senior Director, Supplier Diversity is responsible for the development and management of the supplier diversity program in partnership with the Chief Social Responsibility Officer’s organization to align with Dallas College’s diversity and inclusion strategy. The Senior Director provides oversight of Dallas College’s Supplier Diversity programs by managing functions and programs including planning, organizing, and monitoring budget, supplier diversity spend, contracts, resources, procurement of goods and services, and program effectiveness.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Experience developing business and operational plans.
• Ability to plan, implement, execute, and evaluate complex special programs.
• Demonstrated familiarity with general procurement practices and construction as well as knowledge of Texas state laws relating to contracting.
• Ability to organize various needs assessments to determine the effectiveness of programs or processes that could broaden and/or enhance client service.
• Experience assessing situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of Dallas College.
• Demonstrated strong leadership qualities and teambuilding skills.
• Exhibits strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including audience awareness.
• Ability to interface, collaborate, and coordinate efficiently and effectively with individuals from diverse multicultural backgrounds.
• Ability to work cross-functionally with other constituents to implement operational strategies or new processes to improve client experience.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to operate independently and employ solid decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality as required.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, finance or similar field or four (4) years of equivalent, relevant experience;
• Three (3) years of experience in the fields of procurement, vendor management, or supplier management.
• Three (3) years supervisory experience.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide overall direction and manage the activities of the Supplier Diversity Office including the administration and coordination of and participation in the development of policies, procedures, and programs.
• Establish a supplier diversity program with a contracting component within the Dallas College Construction Management, Finance and Operations departments to ensure contracting opportunities are available in the acquisition of goods and services.
• Seek out and foster new vendor relationships and seek vendors in previously unexplored categories, such as small businesses, minority-owned businesses, etc.
• Assess the quality of goods or services of potential new suppliers and invite them to be involved in Dallas College’s bidding and purchasing process.
• Establish and maintain good communication and working relationships with internal staff and representatives of the community, media, business, and civic organizations.
• Represent the organization to key stakeholders and business partners by interfacing with and participating in a variety of professional and civic organizations, and other supplier diversity related community groups.
• Provide public relations/communications advice and counsel.
• Develop, recommend, and maintain the fiscal budget within the approved limitations set forth by the Business Finance office.
• Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Supervise and direct the work of the Supplier Diversity staff to ensure annual, short, and long-term goals are met.
• Work with diverse staff and/or clients to assess professional development/business needs by performing gap analysis that identifies needed capabilities including people management and leadership skills.
• Provide monthly Supplier Diversity status reports and presentations as needed to the Chief Social Responsibility and Inclusion Officer.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Chief Social Responsibility Officer
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Work location assignment may vary.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com