Georgian Court University seeks applicants for a one-year full time faculty position, in Painting & Drawing with experience in Studio Art Foundations. The ability to teach figure drawing and online if necessary is preferred. The faculty member will teach courses in Painting, Drawing and other foundation courses as needed and will be responsible for advising art majors. The candidate for this position will demonstrate evidence of excellence in teaching in Painting, Drawing and foundations and show evidence of an active contemporary studio art practice with an exhibition record.
This is a full-time Faculty position in Studio Art beginning in fall 2021. This is a one year non-renewable position pending budget approval.
- Integrate the Mercy core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Teach 12 credits per academic year in Studio Art or the equivalent during the fall and spring semesters.
- Teach at the Lakewood campus, must be able to teach evenings.
- Collaborate with colleagues in on-going evening teaching coverage.
- Teach in lecture, online, or hybrid modalities, if needed.
- Be willing to teach in The Bridge General education program in department or university-wide offerings.
- Collaborate with colleagues regarding course materials (developing or using common syllabi/course outlines).
- Scholarly activities, such as exhibitions, publications and/or other scholarly creative activity.
- Advise and Mentor students.
- Participate in departmental functions such as lectures, Open House, etc.
- Engage in some departmental service.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- M.F.A. from an accredited university in Studio Art meeting the needs of the position.
- A strong candidate will have a focus/experience in Painting & Drawing, and be willing and able to engage with colleagues representing diverse disciplines.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience at the college level, 3-5 years teaching foundations preferred.
- Ability or willingness to learn to use instructional technologies effectively is essential;
- Experience assessing learning outcomes in courses and programs.
** Must be US work authorized **
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.