Emory & Henry College welcomes applicants for the position of Visiting Assistant Professor of Music - Voice and Theory. This
position will assist in the recruitment and instruction of vocal performance and vocal/choral music education students and non-major vocal
students with teaching assignments in private voice instruction, lyric diction, Opera Workshop, vocal pedagogy, and upper level music theory
- Teach applied lessons in voice, coordinating with the Director of
Choral/Vocal Activities on studio classes and other performance opportunities.
- Teach upper level theory courses and/or music
history courses as needed
- Direct an annual Opera Workshop performance and teach vocal pedagogy and lyric diction.
- Play a
significant role in student recruitment in the vocal/choral area.
- Teach within the College's core curriculum.
- Master's Degree required, Doctorate preferred.
teaching at a collegiate level required.
- Experience teaching music theory and music history preferred.
with music technology is considered a plus.
- The ability to effectively communicate with students, peers, alumni, and prospective
students is an important aspect of this position.
Required Application Documents:
- Curriculum Vita/Resume
- Transcripts: Undergraduate & Graduate
- Teaching Evaluations if available
- Teaching Philosophy
- Three letters of recommendation
- If selected for an interview, please be prepared to share a recent
video of vocal performance.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.