Job ID: 226477 About Us
Welcome to Georgia College's employment website, and thank you for your interest in employment at our university. Georgia College is an integral part of our local and neighboring communities and we are seeking candidates who share that commitment and want to support our mission. Our university team is comprised of faculty and staff professionals who are dedicated to continuing to move Georgia College forward as a nationally preeminent public liberal arts university. Georgia College is located in Milledgeville, a charming town less than a two-hour drive from Atlanta. As you take the time to learn more about our university, we hope you enjoy it as much as we do. We invite you to review the current employment opportunities that are available at Georgia College.
In keeping with the University's mission, we especially encourage applicants who will further our goal of cultural, ethnic, racial, and gender diversity. Job Summary
Instruct academic courses and support the school, college and university goals by supporting the academic environment to benefit the educational mission of the University.
The faculty employee is expected to contribute to the School of Nursing's educational mission. Successful candidates will be expected to instruct our students in their area of nursing speciality in both the didactic and clinical setting. .The faculty employee is expected to have:
- understanding of the principles associated with teaching and learning.
- strong communication skills and successful higher education teaching experience.
- a developing research agenda.
Demonstrable ability to work collegiality and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds. In keeping with the University's mission we especially encourage applicants who will further our goal of cultural, ethnic, racial, and gender diversity.Responsibilities
Faculty - Teaching/Instructing -
- Full-time instructional load teaching in areas of expertise within the academic discipline
- Regular course meetings and instruction
- Mentoring Students
- Other teaching responsibilities
Knowledge and ability to convey current philosophies, practices, and theories related to the academic discipline.
Faculty employees also contribute to the Georgia College core curriculum by teaching topical freshman (GC1Y) or sophomore seminar (GC2Y) courses. All Georgia College faculty share the responsibility of teaching our core curriculum and providing foundation courses for majors and non-majors alike. To carry out our public liberal arts mission, we seek faculty with the desire and ability to engage students as they launch their intellectual journey.Faculty - Professional Development -
Faculty are expected to conduct research and develop within the profession.
Academic Achievement/Professional Development
- Publications (editing, citations)
- Presentations at professional meetings
- Publication; peer reviewed scholarship
- Current work in circulation or in progress
- Grants received or applied for
- Membership and participation in professional organizations
- Other professional service of development activities
Ability to develop and demonstrate knowledge of current philosophies, practices, and theories related to the academic discipline.Faculty - Service to Institution -
All faculty are expected to support the advancement of the department, college and university mission by providing service to the institution. Service may be at the department, college, university, community and disciplinary level. Duties include service on college-level and university-level committees, advising students regarding career options, and support of department-level outreach activities.
Service to the Institution
- Committee memberships and offices
- Programs directed and advised
- Participation in special programs or projects
- Other service in the institution
Ability to work collegially with others in service to the University; Support the advancement of the department, college and University mission.Faculty - Public Service - Public Service is often a part of faculty service expectations and might include activities such as the following:
- Consulting work
- Provide continuing education service, instruction, or program development for department, school, college, or university
- Membership and participation in community organizations
- Other significant services to the community
- Ability to work collegially with others in service to the broader University community.
Other duties and responsibilities - Required Qualifications
Successful candidates will be able to work collegially and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds. In keeping with the University's mission we especially encourage applicants who will further our goal of cultural, ethnic, racial, and gender diversity.
All Georgia College faculty share the responsibility of teaching our core curriculum and providing foundation courses for majors and non-majors alike. To carry out our public liberal arts mission, we seek faculty with the desire and ability to engage students as they launch their intellectual journey.
Educational Requirements Preferred Qualifications
A Ph.D. (terminal degree) in the discipline taught at the time of the appointment is expected. Master's of Science in Nursing is required.
Must meet SACSCOC accreditation requirements stated in C.S. 3.7.1 (www.sacscoc.org (faculty credentials))
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Hiring preference will be given to faculty who demonstrate an understanding of Georgia College's mission and who are enthusiastic about working closely with high-achieving students within an academic community dedicated to the advancement of knowledge through learning and scholarship.
Evidence of methodological innovation and creative teaching strategies is highly desirable. In keeping with the University's mission we especially encourage applicants who will further our goal of cultural, ethnic, racial, and gender diversity.
Certification as a Nurse Educator preferred, not required.
Current clinical competence and expertise in their area of nursing speciality.
3 to 5 years experience teaching in both face to face and online format. Other Information
- This is not a supervisory position.
- This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
- No, this position will not be required to drive.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
- This position will not travel
- This position does not require security clearance.
- Position of Trust + Education
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.