Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$43,000 yr - $68,800 yr (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$20.67 per hour
Works with all Dallas College locations regarding the procurement process, i.e., procuring materials, equipment and supplies and comply with state statutes and College procurement procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Associate degree plus three (3) years of related experience. Official transcripts are required.
· Must possess a current and valid Texas driver’s license.
· Experience with Jaggaer/SciQuest or other procurement and contracting solutions.
· Knowledge of procurement business software applications.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for ensuring that specifications and statements of work are prepared in a manner which adequately describes the Dallas College's requirements without restricting competition. Performs a complete review of recommended sole-source requirements and conducts necessary market analyses to test the noncompetitive assumptions of requisitions. Conducts bid opening, tabulates, and analyze results and prepare bid/proposals for evaluation and approval. Solely responsible for selecting the appropriate method of procurement, i.e., simplified acquisition procedures, sealed-bidding, negotiations.
· Conducts post-award conferences with contractor and Dallas College personnel to provide information and to clarify standard and special contractual provisions of the contract. Initiates bid/proposal/quote processes on behalf of the college for services, supplies, construction, and equipment. Prepares and processes purchasing forms and obtains proper business documentation for validation purposes. Resolves purchase order/contract disputes and discrepancies related to delivery, shipment, and compliance. Resolves problems and issues that may arise from procurement of services, supplies and equipment with internal and external clients. Contacts suppliers regarding delinquent deliveries, damaged or duplicate deliveries, and resolves discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders.
· Builds and maintains productive working relationships with diverse internal/external clients and peers in order to meet business needs. Interview supplier representatives to identify new sources of materials and services and to analyze supplier potentials. Selects potential suppliers and secures suppliers quotations using appropriate bid/proposal process; assists with registration of suppliers per commodities in Total Supplier Management. Assist suppliers in understanding how to conduct business with Dallas College. Provides suppliers with requested information or documents. Acts as a liaison between department and contractor in case of disputes, clarifications, and complaints.
· Assists with setting up supplier contracts in Total Contract Manager/Jaggaer module. Monitors performance of suppliers and maintains/distributes related records and reports. Performs debriefings with contractors not awarded contracts. Assists in the administration and monitoring of technical and complex contracts. Collaborates on the review of price and cost analyses. Provides interpretation of procurement policies. Provides guidance, recommendations and advise to internal departments on procurement methodologies/ processes, sole source efforts, and timelines.
· Uses organizational skills in strategic planning, directing, and prioritizing multiple assignments. Utilizes excellent interpersonal, analytical, oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with a diverse, multicultural college community and external business partners. Remain current on legal, regulatory and industry changes that affect the procurement industry through professional development activities.
· Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with Dallas College policies and procedures. Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year. Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Supervisor will depend on the function supported
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com