Faculty Assistant Professor - Clinical Science
Requisition ID: 2021-7081
Position Type: Full-Time
Schedule Shift: Day
Hours Per Week: 38
A faculty member in clinical science has responsibilities in four areas:
- Clinical Practice
- Faculty are expected to provide quality medical care and access to care meeting or exceeding the community
standard. This requires flexibility, adaptability and creativity to problem solve.
- Physicians will be expected to provide needed health care to patients who are uninsured and under insured.
- The Faculty member needs to have sensitivity to work with people of multicultural background.
- Clinical teaching faculty/clinical faculty will provide teaching in the classroom setting and the clinically based
setting as assigned by the respective associate dean.
- Responsible for delivery of a portion of the curriculum and participation in its development.
- Teaching of Touro University students on campus and patient care/precepting in a clinically based setting as part of
- Service on University committees, attendance and participation in departmental meetings and other faculty duties
- Publish articles in appropriate journals and/or giving presentations at scientific seminars.
- Involvement in research and in obtaining funding for said research via grants, industry sponsored clinical trials or
- Works within the policies and procedures of the clinic and is involved in the teaching functions at the clinic.
- Provide reports and other documents as requested by department chairs, directors and deans.
- A certain degree of supervision of students is expected, degree of supervision based on the interaction with the student (ie. in classroom or instructional lab vs. precepting student in clinic setting).
- In a clinical setting will again have a degree of supervision over the support staff as they are working with you and your patients.
CORE COMPETENCIES: identify the behavior an employee is expected to demonstrate.
- Teach and evaluate the progress of clinical education of medical students in the clinic.
- Perform other teaching, counseling, committee meeting attendance, etc., duties as required of TUCOM clinical
- Perform all responsibilities within the values and professional framework of the philosophy of TUCOM.
- Maintain appropriate local, state and federal licensing and certification to perform above duties including but
not limited to state licensure, DEA number, specialty certification, hospital credentialing and quality
- Maintain accurate and complete medical records and complete in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain good working rapport with hospital personnel and referral agencies as well as other staff.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis.
- Guarantee confidentiality of all patient and student information.
- Participate in case presentation meetings with project coordinator, team members, students and other projects
of the medical clinic and faculty department.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of Touro University and Touro College.
QUALIFICATION(S): is the Education, Training and/or related experience needed by the person to perform the
- D.O. or M.D., licensed in the state of California with a current DEA number.
- Should have six or more years of clinical experience or residency completion and three years experience.
- Newly graduated residents with exceptional abilities WELCOME to apply
- Must be Board Certified.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English advantageous.
- Experience in teaching at the professional student level desired. This includes teaching osteopathic medical
students and residents.
To apply, visit https://tuccareers-touro.icims.com/jobs/7081/faculty-assistant-professor/job?in_iframe=1
Touro College and University System provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and is committed to ensuring a productive and non-discriminatory work environment in compliance with the Higher Education Act and Amendments, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Violence Against Women Act (“VAWA”), the New York State Education Law, New York Human Rights Law and other applicable laws. It is the policy of the Touro College and University System to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Touro University California and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency