Assistant Professor/Counselor Department:
Counseling & Consultation Svs Term of Assignment:
One-Year Term Term End Date, If Applicable: FLSA Status:
Exempt = not eligible for overtime Work Schedule: Salary:
No travel Brief Statement of Duties
Responsibilities are those of a
professional university counseling center clinician; individual, group, and crisis counseling/intervention, assessment, outreach
programming, and consultation in a short-term intervention model. Presentations on mental health topics. This is a campus-based position.
Minimum QualificationsRequired Education:
Doctorate or equivalent terminal degree
Discipline / Degree Area:
Clinical or counseling psychology, clinical social work, professional counselor. Required Specialized Training/Certifications:
Licensed as a mental health professional in the State of Michigan or
must obtain in an expedited manner. Required Minimum Work Experience:
Clinical training and experience, with
well-developed skills in providing professional counseling/psychotherapy within a short-term intervention model. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, or Attributes Required for Satisfactory Performance of the Position Duties:
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of college student developmental tasks and issues.
- Ability to provide effective crisis evaluation,
intervention, and safety planning.
- Ability to give presentations, training, or teaching on mental health topics.
to work with diverse clients.
- Ability to relate to clients and the public in a friendly, supportive, patient and respectful
Other Special Instructions to Applicants:
- University counseling center training and experience.
- Experiencing working with clients with more severe difficulties or specialty populations such as eating disorders.
working with diverse populations.
- Experience in working with depressed and at risk individuals.
- Experience providing group
The applications materials will
include the faculty application, cover letter, CV and unofficial transcripts. Contact Information:
Christina Hartline, Chair, email@example.comEqual
NMU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected
veterans and individuals with
disabilities, and is strongly committed to increasing the diversity of its employees.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.