Use appropriate teaching methods to facilitate student learning for Nursing courses.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Teaching responsibilities are consistent with the New Mexico Nursing Education Consortium (NMNEC) guidelines on teaching load and may be comprised of online or face to face course presentation and clinical and simulation labs.
- Primary responsibilities will be instruction of undergraduate lecture, in lab/simulation, and clinical courses and graduate nursing classes and clinicals. Faculty will teach courses in the pre-licensure BSN program as per the curriculum shared among nursing programs in NMNEC and departmental guidelines, polices, and procedures.
- Faculty are expected to contribute to instruction within the laboratory and/or simulation setting as necessary while also instructing students within the hospital or other clinical environment. Some work with the graduate nursing courses and/or clinicals may be required.
- Teaches courses assigned, using standardized nursing curriculum and Canvas learning management systems (LMS).
- Advising students for major and minor nursing degree plans.
- Contributes to accreditation policies and New Mexico Nursing Education Consortium (NMNEC) committees.
- Maintains a safe working environment and complies with all state and federal safety regulations.
- Conducts research program or other scholarship activities suitable to a small, teaching university that accommodates the inclusion of undergraduate students.
- Provide professional contributions within areas of expertise as appropriate.
- Participates in departmental and University committees and special projects.
- Provides a broad range of administrative and supervisory functions. Supervises assigned staff in accordance with WNMU personnel practices including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, guidance, etc. Participates in the process of ongoing personal and professional development. Maintains comprehensive communication among all contacts (internal and external). Models professional standards and ethics in accordance with WNMU philosophy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Job Knowledge: Supervision of nursing students in the clinical setting. Ability to work as a team with other University faculty. Communication skills with critical thinking regarding student supervision. Competence in all nursing skills for the pre-licensure BSN level student. Must be able to adapt to instructional needs of the department depending on circumstances. Must be knowledgeable of University policies and procedures. Must be able to handle multiple deadlines and maintain accuracy. Must be sensitive to cultural differences within the University and community. Fluent in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Working Conditions/Physical Demands (With or Without Accommodations): Normal classroom and laboratory environment. Must be able to work in the clinical environment with students and patients up to 12 hours per day depending on the requirements of the clinical day. May be required to lift normal office equipment and materials. Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information. Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication. Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions. Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting. May be required to work additional hours or days depending on circumstances.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) as per accreditation standards. Clinical background in bedside nursing is required. BLS must be current. Active, unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse (RN) with eligibility for RN licensure in the state of New Mexico. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.Required Documents:
Cover Letter, Leadership Statement, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial Transcripts, Writing SampleRegular/Temporary:
Full-Time w/BenefitsStarting Rate:
$71,710 w/o terminal degree to $75,485 w/ terminal degree
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.