Innovate and build a solid teacher education program into a flagship program that is highly desired by students and whose graduates are highly desired by school districts for teaching positions. This growing program needs a collaborative faculty member to provide superior and in-depth instruction and coaching to future teachers. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Expand the teacher education program through high quality teaching and steadfast, strategic recruitment of students.
- Minimum of 12 contract hours of teaching responsibilities per semester.
- Provide a minimum of 5 hours devoted to office hours for the purpose of student advising and support.
- Participate in regular department collaborative meetings.
- Participate in professional and scholarly activities, including but not limited to research and dissemination of knowledge through publication, community, or faculty presentations.
- Course and program assessment.
- Assist with ongoing CAEP accreditation work.
- Perform university/community service.
- Masters Degree in education
- Desire and innovative/entrepreneurial energy to continually improve program quality and enrollment
- Five years of successful PK-8 and/or 9-12 teaching experience with evidence of experience in providing effective teaching
- Ability to teach broad range of education courses including teaching methods courses such as ELA, Social Studies, Math, and/or Science.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of successful teaching using multiple formats including synchronous and asynchronous online, blended, and face-to-face, sometimes using Zoom and face to face at the same time for the same class to reach remote students
- Familiarity with online learning management systems such as Moodle, Blackboard, or Canva
- Excellent understanding of American educational systems and classrooms
- Doctorate (PhD or EdD) in education
- Experience mentoring student teachers
- Expertise in science and/or social studies and/or secondary education
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.