Head Volleyball Coach, Assistant Professor (FA21077)Division:
Finance and AdministrationDepartment:
Intercollegiate Athletics209, IFOLocation:
Fixed Term Work Shift: Work Schedule/Hours/Days: Posting Details:APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until finalists are selected (not prior to May 13, 2021).POSITION:
Nine-month fixed-term appointment*DATE OF APPOINTMENT: July 2021Salary Minimum: Salary Maximum:
Depends on QualificationsSalary Type: Bargaining Unit/Plan:
209, IFOJob Description:
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the head coach is responsible for recruiting, practice planning and skill development, fund-raising, scheduling, academic monitoring, commitment to community service and managing the Minnesota State women's volleyball program. Position is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Minnesota State, the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree. (Conferred on an official transcript at the time of application.)
- Coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Requires excellent speaking, writing and basic computer skills. Ability to articulate ideas and strategies.
- Ability to teach and instruct the technical and motivational aspects of the sport to student-athletes.
- Develop, coordinate and supervise practice and training of student-athletes.
- Experience in recruiting highly-competitive individuals, while supporting the development of each student-athlete academically, physically and socially.
- Support the individual academic goals of student-athletes and provide opportunities for academic assistance to student-athletes if required, monitoring the academic progress of each participating student-athlete.
- Oversee and manage coaching staff that includes a full-time assistant coach and a graduate assistant coach.
- Maintain the budget for womens volleyball. Raise funds to enhance the womens volleyball budget.
- Assist with other athletic department duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Masters Degree.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.About:ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
*Please note that this is a fixed-term (non-tenure track) appointment. A fixed-term appointment is an appointment for a limited period of time and is to be used only when the position to be filled is clearly of a temporary nature or when a permanent position needs to be filled for a temporary period. Fixed-term employment terminates at the end of the appointment period and carries no implication for future employment.APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Associate Director of Athletics
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN States vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the schools policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/
You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.orgBenefits Info:
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the IFO Summary (Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.Benefits OverviewPosting Number:
NoNumber of Vacancies:
1Desired Start Date:
07/01/2021Position End Date (if temporary): Open Date:
04/22/2021Close Date: Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions Summary: To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1854
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.