Posting ID # 90527
Allen College is seeking candidates for a full-time faculty position in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program beginning August 2021. The faculty member shall hold an academic faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor at Allen College consistent with his/her education, experience and qualifications of the rank. Teaching responsibilities include, but not limited to, classroom and/or clinical teaching instruction and supervision.
In compliance with the
Clery Act, Allen College publishes an Annual Security report containing three previous years of crime statistics, institutional policies
concerning campus safety, and a fire safety report. The report is available at https://www.allencollege.edu/filesimages/Current%20Students/Allen%20College%202020%20Annual%20Security%20Report.pdf. A
paper copy is available upon request.
1. A master's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution of higher education is required; a doctoral degree in nursing or related field preferred. Active, unencumbered RN license in the state of Iowa, or be eligible for licensure in Iowa.
2. A minimum of two years teaching on a higher education level and two years of clinical experience in area of teaching. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of recent inpatient clinical nursing experience. Clinical experience and/or teaching at less than two years may be evaluated and considered.
3. Evidence of ability in teaching as indicated by others in the education field.
4. Demonstrated ability to do scholarly work appropriate to the individual's field.
5. Evidence of involvement in professional activity and community service.
1. Participates in the development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of individual courses and the overall curriculum within the College.
2. Participates in faculty development, governance and College decision making.
3. Participates in faculty organization committees.
4. Promotes and maintains collaborative relationships between College and clinical agencies.
6. Serves as academic advisor for students.
7. Participates in professional activity and community service.
8. Participates in scholarly activities (may include the following):
* On-going study and research to develop expertise and maintain proficiency and growth in one's field of professional specialization.
* Writing, editing, reviewing texts and articles.
* Serving as a consultant in the profession.
* Attendance and participation in meetings, conferences and conventions of professional associations.
9. Participates in the coordination, advisement, and supervision of student organization and other activities of the College not related to academics.
10. Demonstrates a commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of Allen College and adheres to College policies, procedures and guidelines.
11. Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health FOCUS Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies, procedures and guidelines.
12. Works effectively with the daily mental and physical stresses of the job which includes, but not limited to meeting deadlines, attending meetings, completing compliance requirements, meeting and working with staff, faculty, students and the public.
For more information, contact:
Applicants can apply at https://careers-unitypoint.icims.com/jobs/intro?hashed=-435623200&mobile=false&width=1000&height=500&bga=tr ue&needsRedirect =false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300 and search for posting ID # 90527.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.