Professor and Dean, College of Sciences
The University of Central Florida (UCF) invites applications for the position of dean of the College of Sciences (COS). Located in vibrant Orlando, UCF is a thriving, preeminent research university that prides itself on providing access and supporting student success. UCF aspires to be one of the nation's leading metropolitan research universities, one that is committed to the success of students from all backgrounds. UCF seeks a dean with the ability and vision to advance these key aspects of the college's mission. Reporting to the provost and vice president for Academic Affairs, the new dean will work with faculty and staff members to improve the success of a diverse student body; continue the growth in quality and impact of research and scholarship, including increasing external funding; and lead the philanthropic efforts of the college. The next dean will be a collaborative, forward-thinking, and entrepreneurial leader who can guide the college to new levels of academic quality, fiscal proficiency, and operational effectiveness. The dean will work closely with administrators, faculty, students, alumni, and community stakeholders to elevate the college's profile and impact. As a top campus administrator, the dean will also engage with other deans, the provost, the president, and other executive leaders to advance UCF as a pacesetter for higher education innovation, opportunity, and inclusive excellence.
AA-College of Sciences, Dean's Office
Type of Appointment:
Advertised Annual Salary:
Ph.D. or other terminal degree from an accredited institution in a discipline represented in the College of Sciences, or a closely related field. The selected candidate must have a distinguished record of accomplishment meriting appointment at the rank of tenured professor, and substantial experience in academic leadership in higher education.
Preference will be given to the candidate with:
1. Successful leadership and administrative experience in academia as a dean, assistant or associate dean, department chair, or similar position that includes significant budget experience.
2. Demonstrated collaborative management and inspirational leadership skills.
3. A transparent communicator who empowers their team.
4. A demonstrated ability to lead programs toward prominence in graduate education, research, scholarship, and creative activity, including growth of research funding.
5. Proven experience improving the success of undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds.
6. The skills and interest to attract philanthropic support.
7. Success in nurturing a welcoming and equitable community for students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
8. A demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with business or other community partners.
9. The ability to be an effective spokesperson, advocate, and relationship builder with a wide variety of audiences.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Additional Application Materials Required:
ALL INQUIRIES, NOMINATIONS/REFERRALS, AND RESUMES WITH COVER LETTERS, SHOULD BE SENT ELECTRONICALLY TO:
Sean Farrell, Partner
Amy Segal, Managing Associate
Clay Batley, Search Coordinator
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.