McNeese State University invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Professor of Education in the Department of Education
Professions. This is a full-time, 9-month, unclassified, tenure-track position. This appointment begins in August 2021.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Professor is responsible for
functions related to teaching 15 hours of coursework, advising, and supporting various college initiatives, specifically supporting data
collection and analysis for research. Additionally, the assistant professor may perform the responsibilities of a site coordinator which
includes the following roles: (1) the liaison between the university and school district, (2) instructors for college courses and mentor
teacher trainings, and (3) instructional coaches for the teacher candidates.
The Assistant Professor will work closely
- Faculty members who teach mathematics across various grade levels to create course curriculum,
College of Education Accreditation Specialist, on major assessment data collection and analysis requirements for national
- Team Lead for Site Coordinators, to be trained as a site coordinator. Site coordinators serve three major roles.
They serve as (1) the liaison between the university and school district, (2) instructors for college courses and mentor teacher trainings,
and (3) instructional coaches for the teacher candidates.
- Earned doctorate degree in education, or other related field
- Valid Teaching License with certification in the area of
secondary mathematics education
- Credentialed to teach in content area of Secondary Mathematics
- Additional math coursework
of 18+ credit hours to teach undergraduate and graduate level math coursework at the elementary level
- 3 or more years of secondary
- Knowledge of and experience with Common Core State Standards or equivalent
- Experience working with
- Evidence of application of technology in the classroom
- Experience working with high needs students
and/or traditionally underserved populations of students
- Experience with developing high-quality teachers/teacher candidates
- Mentor Teacher or Content Leader Certified or willing to complete Mentor Teacher/Content Leader certification within first year
employed. This certification is required to fulfil the site coordinator portion of the job description.
- Evidence of data collection
- Knowledge of various types of research
- Evidence of knowledge and
implementation of Co-teaching, Providing Quality Verbal and Written Academic Feedback, and effective coaching practices
- Evidence in
supporting teachers/teacher candidates with implementing high-quality curriculum
- Evidence of leadership in professional
- Experience with data-driven instructional decision making
- University teaching experience (face-to-face,
- Knowledge of standard requirements: Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC), Louisiana
Components of Effective Teaching (LCET), Louisiana Teacher Preparation Competencies, and Council for the Accreditation of Educator
Preparation (CAEP) Standards, High Leverage Practices (HLP)
- Evidence of collaboration with stakeholders, such as students,
All job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background
$55,000 dependent upon level of degree earned at time of hire; opportunities for summer
teaching may be available.
Review of applications will begin on May 15 and will continue until
position is filled.
Application Materials and Contact:
Applicants should electronically submit: Letter of
Application, Resume, References (name, phone number, and e-mail address of at least three), and Unofficial
Transcripts for the application process. Please submit the required documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Angela LeBreton, Assistant Professor and
Department Chair for Students in the Department of Education Professions, Committee Chair
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.