Assistant/Associate Professor of Education and Department Chair
Saint Elizabeth University (www.steu.edu) announces the availability of a full time Assistant or Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Education and Educational Leadership. Rank will be commensurate with prior higher education experience.
The department chair is responsible for:
- Initiating and encouraging the cooperation of faculty in program assessment, long range planning, program activities, admission and marketing initiatives, and their participation in university-wide endeavors.
- Responsible for preparing and proposing budget requests, approving expenditures, prioritizing department needs, and following University budget policies.
- Coordinating the curriculum, course schedule, student academic advisement, overseeing the administration and grading of capstone experiences and comprehensive examinations.
- Resolving student and faculty issues.
- Overseeing program acquisitions for the library.
- Engaging and coordinating the efforts of an Advisory Board.
- Monitoring Web page content and sending updates to the Dean.
- Conducting regular department meetings.
- Communicating and disseminating information received from administrative offices to members of the program.
- Communicating program needs (including budgetary) to the Dean.
- Coordinating periodic program self-evaluations, annual reports, and assessment of student learning as specified by the Assistant Dean of Assessment and the VPAA.
- Recommending adjunct faculty to the Dean and chairing search committees for new program faculty members (full- and part-time) and coordinating their orientation.
- Evaluating faculty members and making recommendations for renewal of contracts, promotion, and tenure.
- A Doctorate in Education/Educational Leadership
- Strong leadership experience PreK-12 education with a preference for experience as a district superintendent or school principal in a turn-around school or urban district
- Demonstrate success or potential success for graduate-level teaching, preferably in educational administration/leadership programs
- Knowledge of: New Jersey's licensure processes for teacher education, supervisors and principals. PSEL Standards for Leaders, Title II reporting, and CAEP accreditation, Moodle (or similar LMS), curriculum development and new curriculum approval processes in higher education.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, administrators, and educational leaders in PreK-12.
- Ability to work effectively with adult learners.
Applicants should demonstrate significant scholarly/research accomplishments. Further, applicants should demonstrate commitment to social justice and servant leadership, foundational elements of the mission of the University and in particular, of our master's and doctoral programs.
About the Department of Education and Educational Leadership at SEU
The Department is housed in the School of Professional Studies. The Department offers a BA in elementary education, an undergraduate minor in special education, post-baccalaureate accelerated teacher certification programs, certificate programs in holocaust and genocide education, online teaching, and educational technology. At the graduate level the Department offers an MA in education, an MA in educational leadership, an MA in Applied Behavior Analysis, and an Ed.D. in educational leadership with three tracks: PreK-12, higher education leadership, and organizational leadership.
Review of applications begins immediately. Submit a letter of application which includes your teaching philosophy, research interests, clinical experience, and social justice commitment. In addition, please provide your curriculum vita, official transcripts, and three references via email to the address listed below.
Saint Elizabeth University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. SEU is a designated minority serving undergraduate institution.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.