Sam Houston State University is offering a full-time, tenure track position. This is for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Counselor
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: (1) teaching graduate level courses in school counseling
and counselor education; (2) advising and supervising graduate level students in the program; (3) advising students in research, theses, and
dissertations as appropriate to rank level; (4) making intern site visits; (5) participating in professional, program, department, college
and university committees; and, (6) participating in research and publications specific to counseling. Candidate will be expected to utilize
technology and may periodically be assigned to teach an online course.Position Requirements:
- Ph.D. or
Ed.D. in Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited doctoral program.
- Must be a certified school counselor and have at least
three years of school counseling
- experience. If certified in another state and offered the position, candidate must seek school
counseling certification in Texas and meet Texas Education Agency guidelines.
- Be a licensed professional counselor or licensed
marriage and family therapist. If licensed in another state and offered the position, candidate must seek licensure in Texas.
- Provide evidence of effective interpersonal skills.
- Be knowledgeable of CACREP school counselor training.
- Candidate has experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse
You can apply at shsu.peopleadmin.com or if you have any questions contact: Seth Olson, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.