Assistant Professor of Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse PractitionerPlease Note: Internal Employees, please use the Workday Dashboard career section to apply for the position.
Established in 1958, Brandman University is a private, non-profit university and a member of the Chapman University System. Steeped in academic tradition, Brandman University provides quality education to primarily non-traditional students who demand the same high academic standards as a traditional university, but whose needs require greater flexibility and relevance in program delivery and learning assessment.Fulltime Faculty Opening: Musco School of Nursing and Health ProfessionsOnline with Immersion ProgramIrvine, CA Campus
Brandman University is a non-profit institution with a mission to provide students with a dynamic education based on excellence and flexibility that creates lasting value for evolving careers. Brandman University provides adult learners with access to quality higher education with cutting-edge curricula driven by innovative pedagogy and technology. For more information, visit us at www.brandman.edu
Responsibilities of Brandman University full-time faculty include teaching, mentoring and service. Research activities are supported, but not required. All faculty positions are non-tenure track, primarily hired at the rank of assistant professor. We offer competitive salaries with generous benefits. Candidates for this position must have a DNP (preferred) or PhD in Nursing, be licensed and certified in their nurse practitioner specialty and available to travel to the Irvine campus biannually and as needed for 3 to 4-day Immersive learning sessions and faculty meetings. This faculty member does not have to relocate, however Irvine campus residence proximity is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will have:
- DNP (preferred) or PhD in Nursing
- Eligibility or current licensure as a Registered Nurse and an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of California
- National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner with a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner specialty
- Recent Clinical Experience as a PMHNP
- Experience working with DNP (preferred) or PhD students and projects
- Experience with application of evidence into clinical practice
- Experience with distance learning and academic technology
- Commitment to working with adult students
- Teaching and mentoring graduate students
- Chairing and supervision of students conducting their clinical scholarly project
- Approving clinical sites and student placements
- Clinical supervision of students in APRN rotations
- Mentoring adjunct faculty
- Participation in Immersive learning sessions and faculty meetings (travel to the Irvine campus for Immersion sessions is supported as needed)
- Active on internal and external committees, including institutional review board/s
- Maintaining clinical practice (20% of workload) to stay current in the APRN specialty
- Community outreach and recruitment of potential students
If you want to apply your teaching experience and passion for adult learning in an environment that is student centered and values integrity, collaboration, and innovation, Brandman University is the place for you.Please Note: Internal Employees, please use the Workday Dashboard career section to apply for the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity -Brandman University is committed to providing an educational and work environment free of unlawful discrimination and harassment in any form. Brandman prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of age, ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability (mental and physical), marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and/ related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Reasonable Accommodation - Brandman University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the recruitment department at email@example.com
.To apply, visit https://brandman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BrandmanCareers/job/Irvine/Assistant-Professor_R-551
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.